Remotes are important accessories that are used to control a variety of electronic appliances. From Smart TVs to Air Conditioners to Garage Doors. Since these remotes can be easily misplaced, it can get frustrating when you can’t find them and use them. In the case of Smart TVs, this can be super annoying to not be able to use the TV without a remote. If you have a Sharp Smart TV there are some ways that you can use the TV without the remote. Here you will know how to turn on Sharp Smart TV without Remote.
Sharp is a popular Japanese brand that manufactures Smart TVs based on Android as well as the popular Roku OS. Many consumers prefer Sharp’s lineup of Smart TVs because of the features, display, and price. Smart TVs let you stream your content through a variety of streaming platforms provided you are connected to the Internet. While you have the remote control, everything feels perfect. But what happens when you lose the remote? Does your TV become completely useless? Read on to know how to use the Sharp Smart TV without a TV remote.
How to Turn on Sharp Smart TV Without Remote
There are a few ways that you can use to power on the Sharp Smart TV without using a remote. And there is also one simple way that you can use it, but this requires that you have already set it up while you have your TV remote with you.
Method 1: Use the buttons on Sharp TV
Almost every smart TV has a set of buttons that are placed on either side or at the back of the TV. The buttons will consist of power, Volume Up and Down, Channel up and down as well as the menu and Input buttons. So, if you have a remote that is busted or lost, using the buttons on the TV should be the best way to control some of the basic functions right away. And so using Power button you can also turn on Sharp TV without the need of Remote.
Method 2: Remote Apps for Sharp Android Smart TV
If you have the Android-powered Sharp smart TV, you can use it to control your TV. well, you won’t be able to power it on with the app, but you can surely control the other functions of the TV with the remote. Here is how you can set it up with your Android Sharp TV.
- Power up the Sharp Smart TV. If it gets connected to the wifi well and good. If not, follow the next step.
- Plugin a USB wired mouse to the TV and navigate over to the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- With the Settings menu open, click on Network and Internet.
- Make sure to switch the WiFi toggle to On.
- When you find your network, click on it, enter the password and ensure it is connected to the wifi network.
- Make sure to download the Android Remote TV (PlayStore) service app for your Smart TV.
- Now, on your Android device, make sure connect to the same wifi network as that of the TV.
- Download the Android TV Remote Service app from the PlayStore.
- Open the app and get to add the device.
- Once the app finds your Android TV, select it.
- It will now ask you to enter a 6-digit code. The code will be displayed on your Android TV.
- Now that the remote app is paired to the TV, you can go ahead with using it as a remote for the Sharp Smart TV.
You May Also Like | How to download apps on Sharp Smart TV [Guide]
Method 3: Remote Apps for Roku Sharp Smart TV
Sharp also manufactures Smart TVs with the popular RokuOS. RokuOS is quite popular considering the TVs are priced perfectly and these TVs are rich with features. You won’t be able to power on a RokuOS Sharp TV but can surely control it using your phone. Here is how you can do so.
- Download the Roku – Official RemoteControl app from the App Store or Google PlayStore.
- Power up your Roku Sharp TV and make sure it is connected to the wifi.
- Since you might have already connected the TV to your Wifi network before losing your remote, things should be fine. Or try using a Mouse for connecting to WiFi.
- Make sure that the mobile phone and the Roku TV are connected to the same wireless network.
- Open the app on your device. It will ask you to agree to the terms and show you a small tutorial.
- Tap on the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
- The app will now look for Roku TVs that are connected to the same Wifi network.
- When you find your TV, select it.
- You should see the remote option. The app will now display the remote interface on your mobile phone and you can now control it right away.
Method 4: Use a phone with an Infrared Receiver
Many Android smartphones out there in the market have infrared built-in. Since all remotes use infrared to communicate with the TV, you can simply download an app on a device that has infrared and simply control your Sharp TV right away. A lot of apps will have support for various Sharp Smart TVs. Plus, you can use it to power on and off your Sharp Smart TV too. These IR apps are available free on the PlayStore and will work only with devices that have an IR blaster.
So there you have it. 4 different ways you can use to control Sharp Smart TV without a TV remote. These methods are simple and easy. However, when it comes to using the apps as a remote control, it is always best to set these up when you have the TV remote with you. Since you have to get your TV connected to the wifi for this to work. So, as the best measure, whenever you buy a new smart TV, it’s best if you set up the remote app on your device on day one itself just to be on the safer side.