Android Smart TVs have come a long way since their inception in 2014. Of course, there were TVs and brands with their operating system. But when Google released Android TV, things got even better. You could now make use of the Google Play Store and install a variety of apps designed to be installed on TVs. One of the TVs that come with Android TV OS is a range of TVs from Sharp. The Japanese company that makes phones and other devices also manufactures TV sets. Let’s take a look at a few ways on how to download apps on Sharp Smart TV.
The good thing about owning an Android TV is the range of apps that you can use. From streaming services to news channels to media players, web browsers, and even games. Yes, you can install and play games from the Google Play Store. And since it runs on Android, you can even install and use third-party apps that might not be available in your region or the Play Store itself. Read on to know how to download and install apps on your Sharp Smart TV.
Download Apps on Sharp Smart TV
The Sharp Android Smart TV lets you install apps through different methods. Let’s take a look at them.
1. Install apps from Google Play Store.
- Power on your Sharp Smart TV.
- Make sure that you have signed in with your Google account on your TV. If you haven’t, now is the time to do so, as it is required you have an account to be able to download and install apps.
- Navigate and select the Google Play Store app.
- Now, simply head to the search bar of the Play Store app and enter the app name that you wish to install.
- When you get the app that you want to install from the search results, simply select the app.
- Highlight the green Install button and press the Select or OK button on your remote.
- The app should now begin its download and will install onto your TV right away.
- This is the most simple and normal way to install apps on your Sharp Smart TV. However, if your Sharp Smart TV does not have the Google Play Store, you can use the next method to install apps.
2. Install apps via Cloud-based Stores.
If your Sharp Smart TV does not have the Google Play Store, you can make use of cloud-based stores designed specifically in mind for Android TVs
- Press the Apps button on your Sharp TV remote.
- It will now take you to the screen that will have several web-based apps pre-installed for you to use.
- Simply navigate and select either VEWD App Store or the AppsNow Store.
- Both these stores are cloud-based and require that you have an account in the respective store.
- Once you have signed in, you can take a look at the different categories of apps that you can freely add to your Sharp TV.
- Select the app that you wish to install by pressing the OK button on your Sharp TV remote.
- The apps will now show up on the app screen when your press the Apps button on the remote.
3. Sideload third-party apps
Now, there can be times when the app that you want to install is not available on the Google Play Store or is not available in your particular or region or you might just want to download and install a third-party Android TV App Store. This is where sideloading comes in, thanks to Android.
- On your Sharp Smart TV, open the Google Play Store and install the Send Files to TV app.
- Now, download the same app onto your Android device.
- Using your Android device, simply download the APK of the app that you wish to install on your TV.
- Make sure that the app you are downloading is compatible with Android TV installation.
- With the APK file downloaded to your device, open the Send Files to TV app.
- Open the same app on the TV that you just installed.
- Make sure that your TV and your mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select Send on your mobile device and select the app that you wish to send to your Tv.
- While on your TV, select the receive option.
- Your mobile will now scan for devices on the same Wi-Fi network. When it finds your TV select it.
- The TV will now receive the file. When it has been completed, simply install the app.
- Ensure that you have install from unknown sources toggled on.
- And in this way, you can easily sideload and install apps to your Sharp Smart TV.
We also have a dedicated guide on how to transfer files to Android TV using Send Files to TV, check it out.
These are some of the ways that you can use to install apps on your Sharp Smart TV. Which one of the methods that we have mentioned above has worked perfectly for you? Do let us know in the comments. If you have any issue or problem with installing an app from any of the methods do leave a comment below.
More Related Articles: