Smart TVs are known to make life simple and easy. From letting you connect to the internet to stream movies and even be able to watch local channels. There are many reasons why modern-day TVs are Smart. If you take a look at Samsung’s Smart TVs. they even let you make use of Audio Descriptions. An audio service that reads everything that is highlighted on the screen. Sure, it is helpful for those who have difficulty hearing such as the elderly. There are certain times when it can be annoying to hear everything being read aloud by the TV. So, if you are someone that is stuck with such an issue, here is a guide on how to turn off voice Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung’s smart TV also has its virtual assistant Bixby, that you can speak to and ask to perform various kinds of functions. While that might seem quite good and bring ease of access to you, it can get a bit annoying. Especially when Bixby suddenly decides to ask you something while you are busy with some work. Sure these things are smart, but they can feel dumb at some point in time too. If you are someone who is annoyed with it and wat to just stop hearing the voice guides and even Bixby, read on to know how you can turn it off on a Samsung smart TV.
Turn off Voice Guide on Samsung Smart TV
There are three ways you can turn of the Voice Guidance feature on a modern Samsung smart TV. Read on to know the three methods
Method 1: Via Accessibility Menu
- Power on your Samsung smart TV and the TV remote ready with you.
- Press the Home button on the remote. This will bring up the Smart Hub.
- With the Smart Hub on the screen, navigate to and select the Settings option.
- Under the Settings option, you will now need to select the General menu.
- Next, you will need to select the Accessibility option.
- This will now take you to the Voice Guide Settings page. Select the first option.
- You can now select Voice Guide to turn it off.
Method 2: Volume Button Shortcut
- Take your Samsung Smart TVs remote.
- Press and hold the volume button.
- The TV will now take you right away to the Voice Guide settings screen.
- Over here you can now easily turn the Voice Guide setting off.
- The volume button is a shortcut to the accessibility feature for your Samsung Smart TV.
- It could be possible that the Voice Guide feature might have got enabled by mistake while pressing the volume button for too long.
Method 3: Via Voice Command
If you have a newer Samsung smart TV model, chances are high that your TVs remote might have a built-in microphone that is used to give voice commands to Bixby. If you do have a modern remote, you can also use this method to turn off Voice Guides.
- Have the TV powered on and the remote next to you.
- Press and hold the microphone button.
- Simply say “Turn Voice Guide Off’.
- The TV will automatically switch the Voice Guide feature off right away.
- This is by far the most simple and fastest way to switch it off, provided you have the modern remote.
Turn Voice Commands Off on Older Samsung Smart TVs
Samsung Smart TVs 2013 and older
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote.
- In the menu scroll over to Sound and select.
- Under the Sound option, navigate and select broadcast.
- Over here you will want to select the Audio language option.
- Select it and change the language to just English.
- This will now turn off the Voice Guide feature on your older Samsung Smart TV models.
Samsung Smart TVs 2018 and older
- With your TV on, press the Menu button on your TV remote.
- From the Menu, you will need to select System or Settings. This will vary based on the model of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now, head over to Accessibility and select the Voice Guide option.
- Now when you select Voice Guide, select it again to disable the feature completely on your Samsung Smart TV.
Turn Off Bixby Assistant on Samsung Smart TV
If you have those newer Samsung Smart TVs that come with their assistant called Bixby, you might as well turn it off if you just hate the idea of it suddenly speaking to you when you least need it.
- Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- With the Smart Hub open, navigate and select the Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, scroll and select the General option.
- With the General settings screen open, scroll and select the Bixby Voice Settings.
- Navigate and select the Voice Wake Up option.
- Simply select and change this setting from On to Off.
- This will now disable the voice assistant from being wakened by different word commands.
So there you go, simple and easy ways to turn off voice on Samsung TV. Yes, it could be helpful for those who are hard of hearing, but if you are someone who has the feature accidentally turned on, it’s best to have it turned off. Imagine watching a movie or anything on the TV at night and your TV begins to start reading out whatever is highlighted. With that being said, we hope you have learned how to turn Bixby and the Voice Guides off on your Samsung Smart TV.
You May Also Like – How to install third-party apps on Samsung TV
If you have a query on this topic, then you can leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: