Smart TVs have become so popular and consumers have a wide variety of TVs to choose from. You can get these wonderful devices at any price point, which is great. Sharp has been manufacturing Smart TVs for quite a long time. You will find their TVs with Android OS as well as Roku OS, which is great since you can install a lot of apps like Hulu. If you are someone who watches a lot of content on Hulu, read on to know how to download Hulu on Sharp smart TV.
Hulu is a great platform to be able to watch streaming content as well as Live TV. It works best if you might have cut the cord to cable TV altogether. The platform has plans that start from $6.99 up to $70.99. Now, if you are someone who has just purchased a new Sharp Smart TV and wants to know how to get the Hulu app on Smart TV, below are some of the ways you can use to get the app.
How to Get Hulu on Sharp Smart TV
There are 4 different ways you can use to install the Hulu streaming app on your Sharp smart TV. The process is simple and takes around a minute or so. The first three methods work with the Android versions of the Sharp smart TV while the last one of for the RokuOS powered Sharp TV.
Method 1: Install Hulu via Google Play Store
- Power on your Sharp TV and make sure it is connected to a working wifi network.
- The home screen will now show up. It will have several apps and other options for you to select. Navigate and open up the Google Play Store.
- Head over to the search bar of the Google Play Store, select it, and type in Hulu.
- From the search results, you will find the app. Select the app.
- Now, all you need to do is select the green install button and the app should now be downloaded to your TV.
- Exit the Play Store and you will find the Hulu app on your home screen ready to be used.
Method 2: Install Hulu via Cloud Based App Stores
The other great thing about the Sharp Smart TVs is the fact that you can make use of the cloud-based app stores. This comes in handy if your particular Sharp smart TV does not have the Google Play Store app.
- With your Sharp smart TV connected to the internet, press the Apps button.
- You will now see a screen that will have some pre-installed apps.
- Navigate around and look for the VEWD App Store or the AppsNOW Store.
- Select whichever Store is available on your TV.
- You will have to create an account in whichever store you plan to use.
- Once signed in, simply browse through the categories of apps that are available.
- You can also search for the apps in the Store.
- Once you find the Hulu app, simply select and click on the OK button.
- The app will now be added to your Tv where it can be accessed from the home screen itself.
Method 3: Install Hulu by Sideloading
Now that the Sharp Smart TV is running Android, you can take advantage by simply sideloading the Hulu app. Here is how you can do it.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Sharp smart TV.
- Search for the Send Files to TV app.
- Select the green button to install the app on your smart TV.
- On your android device, download the same app from the Play Store.
- Now, open the web browser on your phone and download the Hulu app (TV version).
- With the APK file downloaded, open the Send Files to TV app on your phone and TV.
- Your phone and TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the TV, select the Receive option in the Send Files to TV app.
- Meanwhile, select the send option on the app and select the downloaded Hulu apk file.
- Your phone will now look for devices waiting to receive the file.
- When you find your TV select it. The apk will now transfer to the TV.
- You can now install the app but, make sure to have unknown sources enabled on your TV to install the Hulu app.
Method 4: Install Hulu on Sharp RokuOS TV
- Power up your RokuOS Sharp TV and connect it to the Wifi network.
- Make sure that your RokuOS is updated to the latest version.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- The menu will now show up on your screen. Select the Channels option from the list.
- Once in the Channel Store, you can now browse around for the app or simply search for the Hulu app.
- When you find the app, select it and click on the Add channel button.
- Hulu will now be downloaded to your Sharp Roku Tv where you can log in and enjoy Hulu services right away on your Sharp smart TV.
These are the 4 different methods to install Hulu on Sharp Smart TVs. Do note that you can use this method to install almost any app on your Sharp Smart TV provided the particular app has a TV version that lets you install it on Android TVs.