Xiaomi starts rolling the stable Android 10 update for Redmi Note 8 Pro in Russia. And soon we can expect the broader rollout which will cover the global region including India. If you are waiting for the update for a long time then the wait is finally over. The Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 OTA file is also out so if you want to manually update then you can use the Firmware. We managed to get hands-on the Android 10 firmware link. Here you get to download Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 Update [Russia Stable].
Xiaomi has also rolled out the global Stable Android 10 update for Mi A3. But Redmi Note 8 Pro can take about a week for a broader rollout. Many users from Russia have already got the update and it is an OTA update. The Android 10 update comes with build number V220.127.116.11.QGGRUXM & V18.104.22.168.QGGEUXM depending on the regions. So if you didn’t receive the update then you can manually install the update.
The Android 10 update comes in a new MIUI 11 build that brings new features on the device. You get features like new navigation gestures, enhance security settings, February security patch, System wide dark mode and some other features. The MIUI 11 update was already available on Redmi Note 8 Pro so it doesn’t bring any specific MIUI feature. Although there are some bug fixes that come with the update. Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 update comes in 1.9GB. Below you will find the changelog mentioned in the update page.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Updated Android Security Patch to February 2020
- Increased system security
- Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
You might have noticed that in the Android 10 update for EU it is mentioned India in the changelog. But no it’s not rolling out in India. It can take time to roll out the update in India.
Download Android 10 Update for Redmi Note 8 Pro [Stable Update]
Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 update is rolling out in batches and it is possible that you may receive the update later. But if you don’t want to wait any longer and want the Android 10 update on your phone immediately. Then download the official update file for your region and install it manually. The size of the Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 update file is around 1.9GB that you can manually install on your phone without losing data. Use the below links to download the Android 10 update file.
- Download Redmi Android 10 Update (RU Stable) [Update File]
- Download Redmi Android 10 Update (EU Stable) [Update File]
After downloading the OTA update file for your device. You can manually install it on your device. It is also possible to install OTA files in other regions but I will not recommend that.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Install Android 10 on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Download the correct OTA update file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your phone storage (outside of every folder i.e. root location).
- Now open your smartphone Settings > About Phone > System updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file. If the update package option not available the tap 9-10 times on MIUI 10 or MIUI 11 icon.
- It will detect the update file and it will extract and update.
- That’s all, the phone will reboot into the system after the update.
- First, download the OTA update file from the above links.
- Copy the file and paste it in the internal storage outside of every folder.
- Now turn off your smartphone.
- Press Power + Volume Up keys simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, head over to Install from Storage Device. Locate and select the zip file.
- It will install the Android 10 update on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Reboot the device into the system and enjoy Android 10 OS.
So there you have it the guide to install the latest Android 10 OTA file on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.2 for Redmi Note 8 & 8 Pro [Best GCam]
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!