This is the time when the one-generation old phones start receiving the newer version of Android – Android 13. Yes, we can say that for Oppo’s subsidiary Realme. The smartphone manufacturer has just released the stable Android 13-centric Realme UI 4.0 update for Realme X7 Max 5G. The company has been testing its latest skin on the X7 Max for the last three months, which goes live for the public now.
Realme has officially confirmed the public rollout on its community forum. The OTA update is rolling in a staged manner and will be available to everyone in the coming days. The company says that your Realme X7 Max needs to be running on the latest available software version. So, if your phone is running on the older version, first you need to update it to any of these versions – RMX3031_11.C.16 or RMX3031_11.C.17. The newer build is seeding with the RMX3031_11.F.04 version number.
Realme released the X7 Max with the Android 11 operating system, last year, the phone received its first ever major upgrade as the Android 12 update. Today, the device starts getting another big software upgrade – the Android 13 update. The new update is already available to some users; a broader rollout should follow soon.
Talking about the features, then the update is seeding with features like updated AOD, a dynamic computing engine for performance enhancements, a Private Safe tool, support for more color palettes, large folders for the home screen, new editing tools for the screenshot, and more. Here’s the complete changelog for Realme X7 Max 5G stable update.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
If you own the Realme X7 Max 5G and want to update your phone to Android 13, then you can navigate to Settings > Software update and check for the new update. If the update is not available yet, then you can wait for a few days.
Make sure to charge your phone to at least 60% and also take a backup of important data before downloading the new update.