Android 13 may have been launched almost half a year ago, but its talk is still new to many users, who are yet to get the update. Smartphone brands are gradually rolling out the update for the remaining devices. The latest Realme phone to receive the stable Android 13 update is the Realme GT Neo 2 5G. The device is getting Android 13 with realme UI 4.0 update.
There are many Realme phones that haven’t received the Android 13 update yet. If you have a Realme phone that is yet to receive the Android 13 update, you can expect it soon. And if you own the Realme GT Neo 2 5G, then your wait is over as the phone is finally getting the update.
Realme released the phone in the second half of 2021 with Android 11 OS. And later the company released its first major update, Android 12. So this means that Android 13 is the second major update for the device. This could be the last major update for the phone.
Realme GT Neo 2 5G Android 13 update is rolling out to users with build number RMX3370_11.F.03. For the update, there is a requirement that the phone must be running on the RMX3370_11.C.10 or RMX3370_11.C.11.
Now talking about the changes, you can expect a bunch of features and improvements on your device with the update. You can check the complete changelog by heading to this page.
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colours for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadows to simulate the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions.
- Optimises UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physics to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimises the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Optimises system icons by using the latest colour scheme to make the icons easier to recognise.
- Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalised.
- Adds Smart Sidebar. While in an app, bring up Smart Sidebar and tap another app in Smart Sidebar to open it in a floating window.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimises Multi-Screen Connect. You can open multiple mobile apps on a connected PC for efficient multitasking.
- Optimises Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimises earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless and simpler experience.
- Adds Insight Always-On Display, with more personalised Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Insight Always-On Display, with more personalised Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colours available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimises Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Optimises Dolby sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
Android 13 based Realme UI 4.0 for Realme GT Neo 2 is rolling out in batches. So if you have not received the update, you will be getting the OTA update in the next few days. In case the update notification isn’t working on your phone, then you can check for the update manually from Settings.
If you decide to downgrade your phone from Android 13 to Android 12, you can use this rollback file. Before upgrading/downgrading your phone, make sure to backup your data and charge your phone to at least 50%.