The fourth OxygenOS Open Beta is now live for the OnePlus 8 Series. The last OxygenOS Open Beta 3 was released about three weeks ago with the Canvas AOD feature. And later OnePlus also releases the stable OxygenOS bringing the Canvas AOD to everyone. The OxygenOS Open Beta 4 comes with some new features that you can expect to release for everyone with a stable update probably next month.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS Open Beta 4 comes with a long list of bug fixes and a few new features as well as performance improvements. After the OxygenOS 11 update, I have noticed the battery performance decreased a lot. And as per the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 changelog, it looks like they will fix the battery drain issue.
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro flagship devices received the OxygenOS 11 in September with most of the Android 11 features. But as usual, there will be some bugs which is a common scenario for all the phones. And OnePlus is one of the best OEMs which doesn’t give chance for complaints with its regular update policy. And knowing their priorities the company has released the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 8 Series. Check out the changelog below for more information.
OnePlus 8 Series OxygenOS Open Beta 4 Changelog
- Optimize the stability of the call
- Optimized system power consumption
- Optimized some UI display with Alarms
- Optimized the user experience with a split-screen of apps
- Fixed the issue that gaming frame rate decreased when pulling down the status bar
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Fixed the lagging issue with MX player
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the low probability automatic disconnection issue with Wi-Fi
This Open Beta 4 is focused on bug fixes, power consumption optimization, and performance improvements. It is going to be an important Update if you don’t like the battery backup on the current stable OxygenOS.
As it is an Open Beta update, the installation process is also going to be different. It is an easy process if you are already on the OxygenOS Open Beta 3. But in case you are on the latest OxygenOS 11.0.1 or another stable version then you need to give extra attention when installing the update.
The first step for upgrading to the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 4 is to download the full Beta ROM from this link. You can also try the Oxygen Updater app for downloading full beta ROM.
Once you have the ROM file, copy it to your phone storage. And then go to Settings > System > System Update. Then click on the Settings icon on the top right corner. Click on the local upgrade option and select the beta ROM and wait for installation.
After installing it, reboot your device and enjoy the latest update. You can share your experience below in the comment section.
More Related Articles:
- How to Root OnePlus 8
- How to Root OnePlus 8 Pro
- Download OnePlus Nord N100 Wallpapers
- How to Unbrick OnePlus 8 Pro [Guide]