OnePlus has just released its first Android 11 public stable update for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices. We were expecting the release after the OnePlus 8T launch. But surprisingly the company has released the OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 update. If you have OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro then you can get the update right away. Here you will know how to install OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 stable update on OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 devices.
The most hyped Always-on display feature is also here with this OxygenOS 11 update. If you follow OnePlus on social media then you must have already seen a glimpse of the latest OxygenOS 11. There are good and bad reviews for the new OxygenOS 11 updates it has adopted the One UI interface.
As now most of the phones come with a big screen, using it with one has become difficult. And if you use your phone with one hand more often then you will love the new OxygenOS UI. But if you hate One UI interface then you should not upgrade your device. Use the Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 as much as you can. The new update comes with a lot of new features and UI changes.
And if I talk about the update information then the OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 stable update comes with a build version OxygenOS 11.IN11DA. Users are receiving the update in 3.3GB, this can vary for users who are in the beta series. For more information and changes go through the given Changelog.
OnePlus 8 Pro Oxygen OS 11 Update – Changelog
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. Path: Settings û Display û Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings û Display û Dark Mode û Turn on automatically û Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Download OnePlus 8 (Pro) OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 Stable Update
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro gets the OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 update via OTA. As for now, I didn’t receive the OTA and undoubtedly a slew of OnePlus 8 series users are also waiting for this update. So, If you’re in a haste, then you can use the OxygenOS updater app to get the Update on your phone instantly. But you need to install the update manually (local upgrade) after downloading the update from the app, or you can directly download the FOTA zip from the below links.
Download Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 Stable Update for OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 (Global)
Download OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Update (Stable)
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Install OnePlus 8 (Pro) OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 Stable Update
- First, you need to download the Android 11 Beta build from the afore-listed download links.
- Now copy the package to your phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Then, head over to the system settings > system > system updates.
- Now, click on the hover icon available on the top right corner > local upgrade > select the file.
- All done, restart your device.
Now, you can start using your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro running on OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 Stable update. If you’re facing any issues, then you can revert back to the previous stable build, you can download the build file from the afore-listed links. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: