OnePlus 7T Pro is the latest flagship phone of the year 2019 by OnePlus. It’s been one month since its launch, and the custom development has already started. TWRP Recovery and few custom ROMs are available and many more to come. And in this guide, we will tell you how to root OnePlus 7T Pro.
OnePlus 7T Pro comes with great specifications like the latest Snapdragon 855+, 90Hz AMOLED FHD+ display, Popup front camera, UFS 3.0 Storage, Warp charge 30T, Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10 and more. The performance of the phone exceptionally amazing but lacks control for customization. I am not talking about only visual customizations but also performance customizations.
You can root your OnePlus 7T Pro to modify and increase the performance of your phone accordingly. Rooting lets you deal with your device without any restrictions. No one knows the full capabilities of rooting there always something new that gets discover. You can root OnePlus 7T Pro with different methods like patched boot image and TWRP recovery.
Must Read: Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7T
How to Root OnePlus 7T Pro
Here in this root guide, I will share both methods to root OnePlus 7T Pro. First, we will share the Patch boot image method and then the TWRP recovery method. So if you don’t have a custom recovery installed, then follow the first method to root your OnePlus 7T Pro. So let’s start the process with requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC
- Download Magisk & Magisk Manager
- The bootloader must be unlocked (Follow this guide)
- Install TWRP Recovery (only for 2nd method)
Method 1: Root OnePlus 7T Pro with Patched Boot Image
For this method, you need a boot image of your OnePlus 7T Pro which you can find in the OnePlus 7T Pro Firmware. So first download the firmware of your phone, Firmware of the same version that in installed on your phone. But if you already have the boot image, then you don’t need to download firmware, and you can also skip step 1.
- Extract the boot image from the Firmware.
- Transfer the boot image (boot.img) to your phone.
- Now install the Magisk Manager app on your phone through the APK.
- Then open the Magisk Manager and make sure ‘Preserve force encryption’ & ‘Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity’ marked check in the Additional Settings.
- After that click on the first Install > Install.
- In the Select Method, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and locate the boot image, and it will start patching the file.
- After successful patching, the patched file will be saved in the Download folder with name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the output file to the computer (C:\adb). And rename it to boot.img.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode. First power off the phone and the press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until it boots into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer while in Fastboot mode.
- In the C:\adb folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- In the command window enter the below command to flash patch boot image and root OnePlus 7T Pro
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the boot image reboot your phone with the following command
- Once the phone boot into the system, open Magisk Manager and follow the in-app instructions.
- That’s all now you have successfully rooted your OnePlus 7T Pro with patched boot image.
If you have TWRP Recovery installed on your phone, then you don’t need to follow the above method. Just follow the below method which is easy. You need the Magisk zip file. So let’s begin the second method.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.2 APK Mod for Android Phones (Android 10)
Method 2: Root OnePlus 7T Pro with TWRP Recovery
This method requires a custom Recovery, so make sure TWRP or another custom recovery is installed on your OnePlus 7T Pro. Now follow the steps below to root OnePlus 7T Pro with TWRP and Magisk.
- Transfer the Magisk zip to your phone storage.
- Then turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button together until you see TWRP sign.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Install.
- Locate and select the Magisk zip and swipe the slider to flash Magisk and root OnePlus 7T Pro.
- After flashing the Magisk go back to TWRP home and click Reboot > System.
- Install the Magisk Manager on your phone to manage root access.
- That’s it, and now your OnePlus 7T Pro is rooted.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root OnePlus 7T Pro. For more guides related to OnePlus 7T Pro stay connected to YTECHB. And if you have any queries do let us know in the comment section.