OnePlus rolls out the much-awaited Android 12-centric OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus 9RT. The new update comes after two months of testing and one month after the release of an open beta build. Obviously, it packs a stack of new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Here you can check everything about the OnePlus 9RT Android 12 update.
OnePlus did not officially confirm the rollout yet. But some users on the OnePlus community forum claim that they have received the new update. As per the information shared by users, the update comes with C.04 software version and weighs a humongous 4.70GB in size. The new update brings a new monthly security patch as well, it is rolling with July 2022 security patch.
Moving to the features, the OnePlus 9RT Android 12 update comes with a new dark mode, optimized desktop icons, AI system booster 2.1, updated Canvas AOD, new Shelf features, optimized gaming experience, and optimizations to the camera app, alongside the other OxygenOS features. Obviously, you can also access the essential features of Android 12.
OnePlus 9RT Android 12 update – Changelog
- New design
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers.
- Newly added Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Newly added a chart to display your battery usage.
- Optimized the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Dark mode
- Newly supported three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment.
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status.
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment.
- Optimized the gaming experience in team fight scenes.
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer.
- Optimized the display of camera modes on the menu bar.
- Optimized the experience of zooming in or out when shooting videos with rear camera.
- Newly added visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Newly supported more system apps in TalkBack, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
The wait is finally over, you can now upgrade your OnePlus 9RT to the stable Android 12 software, by simply heading over to the software updates section in the settings app. Although, it is in a rolling phase, will be available to everyone soon, if the update is not visible to you, wait for a few days.
You can also update your phone immediately using the local update method if it is not available on the System Update page. All you have to do is download the OTA zip file using the Oxygen Updater app or other reliable source and install it manually by selecting Local Upgrade in System Update settings.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 9RT
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download Google Pixel 6a Wallpapers (Official)
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G gets stable Android 12 update
- iPhone 14 Pro’s performance boost to be significant
- OxygenOS 13 Supported Devices, Release Date, and Features