OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T starts receiving the company’s newest iteration of OxygenOS. Yes, The OxygenOS 10 with Android 10 now available to download for OnePlus 5 & 5T as Open Beta 1. Both phones were launched in 2017 with Android Nougat 7.1. Last year, the company promised to release OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 for its 2017 flagships. OnePlus kept its promise and started rolling out Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 & 5T. Here’s the step by step guide by which you can Download & Install OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T Android 10 Update (OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 1).
The newer update won’t hit your device via OTA. Although, you can sideload it manually by wiping data on your device. After installing the Open Beta, you’ll get all the future stable builds. This is a beta update, it may have some bugs. OnePlus will bring the stable release of OxygenOS 10 after testing the Open Beta. The newer build brings a bunch of new features on your device alongside the latest monthly security patch.
In terms of features, then the OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 1 brings features like brand new UI design, system-wide dark mode, new Android 10 navigation gestures, improved digital wellbeing, overall improvements to the system, and some other changes. The update weighs between 1.8GB to 2.0GB in size. Here you can check the complete changelog, before updating your device.
OxygenOS 10 Open Beta 1 based Android 10 for OnePlus 5/5T – Changelog
- Brand new UI design brings light and fluid experience
- Updated to Android 10
- Full Screen Gesture (OP5T Only)
- Newly added Hidden Bar to allow left-right switches of recent apps
Download OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T Android 10 Update (Open Beta 1)
If you’re using OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T and want to taste the features of OxygenOS 10 based Android 10. Then, here’s good news for you. This update won’t arrive on your device via OTA. You need to download the software package, from the below-listed links. Before updating your device make sure to check the prerequisites. Here are the download links.
- Download OxygenOS 10 Update for OnePlus 5 (Open Beta 1)
- Download OxygenOS 10 Update for OnePlus 5T (Open Beta 1)
- Before updating, you must charge your phone more than 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update OnePlus 5/5T to Android 10 (Open Beta)
- At first, download the firmware from the above-listed download links.
- Transfer the firmware on your smartphone and place it to the internal storage (outside of every folder).
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates.
- Then click on the cogwheel menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Now click on the local upgrade option. It will automatically detect the file.
- Tap on the detected file and select Install.
- After installation, The phone will restart automatically.
- That’s it.
If your smartphone is already running on Open Beta, then update your device from recovery mode. But make sure to wipe the data before updating. That’s all for the OnePlus 5 & 5T Android 10 update.
You May Also Like – Download OnePlus 8 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any query make sure to leave the comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Google Camera 7.3 APK [Latest]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on any Android
- Android Homescreen Setup – 2h