OnePlus has kicked off a new Android 13 developer preview build for the OnePlus 10 Pro. The new build comes one month after the first developer preview. OnePlus addressed a bunch of issues in the new build, brings improvements to the camera experience, and bumps up the monthly security patch version to May 2022. Read along to know more details about the OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview 2.
If you joined the developer preview program last month, then you’ll get the second developer preview build update over the air. However, if you’re running on the stable Android 12, then you can manually upgrade your device to the Android 13 DP to try out the new features and changes in the Android. Although we don’t recommend installing the DP on your primary smartphone if you have a secondary smartphone or are in a haste to try Android 13, then you can follow the steps listed in the installation section.
OnePlus kicks off the new Android 13 developer preview with optimized the overall shooting effect of the camera and a May 2022 monthly security patch as well. The company has addressed a bunch of issues in this update, the list includes data usage showing incorrect issues, issue of crashing while turning on / off the 5G network, unable to close all background programs, and the issue where the lock screen password was required to enter after factory reset. Here’s the complete changelog shared by OnePlus.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 DP 2 – Changelog
- [Fixed] the issue that Data usage cannot display
- [Fixed] the issue of crash when turning off/on 5G network
- [Fixed] the issue that unable to close all background programs
- [Fixed] the issue that the lock screen password was required to enter the launcher after restoring factory settings
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- [Optimized] the overall shooting effect of the camera, improved the user experience
Aside from a detailed changelog, OnePlus also shared a list of known issues available in the second developer preview of Android 13 on OnePlus 10 Pro. Check out the list of known issues here.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 DP 2 – Known Issues
- UI display sometimes might be abnormal
- Music playing cannot be paused normally via wired headphones
- Occasional abnormal response for gesture operation when the screen was off
- No response when tapping the video call button
- Auto brightness sometimes works abnormally
- Crash issue when setting the Fingerprint animation in Personalizations
- Lagging issue caused by switching screen refresh rate
- Some applications might be lost after upgrading
As I mentioned earlier, if your OnePlus 10 Pro is running on Android 13 Developer preview, then you’ll receive the new update over the air. But if you’re on a stable version, then you need to manually upgrade your phone. You can use the below-listed download links of Android 13 Developer Preview builds. There’s a risk of bricking the device so make sure to take a complete backup of all data. You can also revert back to the stable build. Here are the links of both Android 13 DP builds and the previous stable build.
Download Android 13 Developer Preview 2 for OnePlus 10 Pro
- OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post
- Take a full backup of your phone
- 4GB of free space required
- Charge your phone to at least 30%
- TMO/VZW carriers are not compatible with Android 13 DP.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to install Android 13 Developer Preview on OnePlus 10 Pro
- First, you need to download the Android 13 DP build from the afore-listed download links.
- Now copy the package to your phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Then, head over to the system settings > system updates > click on the hover icon available on the top right corner > local upgrade > select the file.
- All done, restart your device.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your OnePlus 10 Pro running on Android 13 developer preview update aka Beta Update. If you’re facing any issues, then you can revert back to the previous stable build, you can download the build file from the afore-listed links. That’s it.