Apple has just released a new incremental update for iPhone, seeding with iOS 17.1.1 version number. It is a minor, gradual upgrade, as the tech giant is also working on iOS 17.2 which is going to be the next big software upgrade for the iPhone.
The newest software upgrade addresses a couple of issues including a snow glitch for the lock screen weather widget as well as wireless charging-related issues on iPhone 15 models.
Apple is pushing the new software to eligible iPhones with a 21B91 build number. As it is a small upgrade, it weighs 335MB in download size, you can quickly install it on your iPhone.
In terms of changes and fixes, the update addresses two known issues, here’s the official release notes coming with the iOS 17.1.1 update.
- In rare circumstances, Apple Pay and other NFC features may become unavailable on iPhone 15 models after wireless charging in certain cars
- Weather Lock Screen widget may not correctly display snow
If you’re facing any of these issues on your iPhone, you can install the new update. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Make sure to backup your iPhone just for precaution.
In addition to these changes, you can still access the features available on the recently released iOS 17.1. It introduces AirDrop over the internet, Album to Photo Shuffle for lock screen, Extended Wallpaper, New Music app features, and more.
- 10 Tips to Preserve iPhone Battery Health
- How to Use iPhone 15’s Portrait with Focus and Depth Control on Older iPhones
- How to Choose Album for Photo Shuffle on iPhone Lock Screen
- 15 Breathtaking Colorful Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 21
- 80+ Stunning Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone [iOS 16 / 17]
- How to Enable and Use AirDrop Over Internet on iPhone