iPhone lock screen customization capabilities getting better and better with each generation of iOS updates. Apple has introduced several enhancements to the lock screen personalization settings in the iOS 17 update. With the incremental iOS 17.1 update, Apple has added the new extended wallpaper feature and support for manually selecting albums in Photo Shuffle.
If you want to extend or shrink your wallpapers, then here’s how you can use the new Extend Wallpaper feature on your iPhone running on iOS 17.1.
Before moving ahead, here’s what the new extended wallpaper feature is and how it works.
If you are setting up a new lock screen on your iPhone and pinch in any image, you will see a blurry background at the top section of the wallpaper. It indicates the new Extend Wallpaper feature expands the image.
While the ‘Extend Wallpaper’ feature was initially introduced in the first developer beta of iOS 17, it offers limited controls. For example, you can disable the functionality using two-finger gestures only.
In iOS 17.1, users can easily toggle the feature on or off. Apple introduced a new option called ‘Extend Wallpaper.’ Now, when you zoom out on any wallpaper, the feature is activated automatically. You can deactivate it by using the new option on the lock screen.
How to Use Extend Wallpaper on iPhone
First things first, you need to update your iPhone to iOS 17.1 or later version. The features give you more control over lock screen wallpapers. There are different use cases of the feature, you can use it to frame your image properly, get a cleaner background behind the clock, or even enable depth effect for some images.
Let’s take a look at how you can enable or disable extend wallpaper feature.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Press and hold on the Lock Screen.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom right corner (or you can swipe all the way to the right side until you see the Add New page screen).
- Select any photo from the Photos app.
- On the lock screen preview, tap the three-dots icon at the bottom corner then select the Extend Wallpaper option. (In case of depth effect compatible photos, you need to zoom in on the image to activate the Extend wallpaper feature).
- Frame the wallpaper properly, customize other things on the lock screen if you want, then tap the Add button at the top right corner.
- That’s it.
If you want to disable the feature, simply press and hold the lock screen, select the lock screen preview, tap three dots, and disable the Extend Wallpaper option.
If you still have any queries related to the new feature, then you can drop a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Choose Album for Photo Shuffle on iPhone Lock Screen
- How to Enable and Use AirDrop Over Internet on iPhone
- How to Customize iPhone Lock Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Use NameDrop on Apple Watch
- 10 Super Effective Battery Saving Tips for iOS 17
- How to Record WhatsApp Calls [Both Audio and Video]
- How to Use Google Lens on iPhone and iPad
- How to Setup eSIM on iPhone 15 and 15 Pro