A day after releasing the iOS 17.1 to the Public, today Apple rolls out the first beta of iOS 17.2. As usual, the beta update is first available to Developers but soon it will be available to public beta testers. This is not surprising as Apple is known to start beta testing of the next build soon after releasing a public build.
The journey to the second iOS 17 update has started from today. And we are definitely excited to see new features coming to the iPhone later. As the first beta is now available, interested users can already try the new features that will later be available to the public.
Today Apple also released beta updates for other devices as well. The new updates are iPadOS 17.2 Beta 1, watchOS 10.2 Beta 1, tvOS 17.2 Beta 1, macOS Sonoma 14.2 Beta 1, macOS Ventura 13.6.2 RC, and macOS Monterey 12.7.2 RC.
iOS 17.2 Beta 1 and iPadOS 17.2 Beta 1 come with same build number 21C5029g. This is the first beta and there is a long road before we expect the release candidate build and public build.
The iOS 17.2 Beta 1 released recently and so there are still some finding to do. I will be adding changes below as a list.
- New option, Translate is available to map with Action button (iPhone 15 Pro models)
- It finally brings Journal app
- New Widgets for Lock screen and home screen (Weather and Clock)
- You can now create playlist and collaborate with your contacts
- AirPlay receiver to share or stream content from Apple Vision Pro to iPhones (Option available in Settings)
- Few other changes in Settings, Contact Posters, Book, and more
iOS 17.2 Beta 1 is currently available to developers and soon it will be available to public beta testers maybe later today or tomorrow. To check for the update you can go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you don’t know how to get beta updates, you need to turn on beta update option available in Software Update page.
Before upgrading to the beta version, make sure to take backup of your iPhone data. And charge your device to at least 50%.