When it comes to streaming platforms, Twitch is one of the most popular ones. You can watch content from various streamers. Twitch has all of it, whether it’s games, talk shows, music, or anything else. There was a time when you could simply install the Twitch TV channel to your Roku device and watch content right away. However, that has yet to happen since 2017 after Roku removed the Twitch TV channel.
So, if you are someone who still wants to watch and enjoy content from Twitch on your Roku TV, you have come to the right place.
How to Watch Twitch On Your Roku TV
There are multiple ways that you can follow to watch Twitch on your Roku device. There is an official way as well as an official way. The official way will only work for those who had the Twitch app on their Roku device before it was removed in 2017.
You can choose the method that works best for your use case about watching Twitch on your Roku device.
Get the Official Twitch Channel Back On Your Roku
This method will only work if you had used the Twitch Channel app on your Roku device before the app was permanently removed from all Roku devices. If you’re someone who has used the app previously, follow these steps.
- On your PC, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, head over to the Roku website and sign in with the account that has previously accessed the Twitch app.
- Click on the option that says Add Channel.
- You will see a warning pop up. Simply click on the OK button.
- Now, search for the Twitch channel to add it to your Roku device.
- Search for Twitch TV to add the channel.
- You will receive a pop-up warning that the app is not certified and a set of other warnings. Click on OK to complete adding the channel to your Roku device.
Once the Twitch app has been added, go to your Roku device and check for updates. Once you check for updates, it will notify you that a new channel is being added. Once the update has been installed, you will see the Twitch channel in the list of installed apps on your Roku device.
Simply navigate and select the app, sign in with your Twitch account and you should be good to go.
Get the Unofficial Twitch App On Your Roku Device
If you are someone who has never used the Twitch app on Roku before 2017 or someone who has just got into the Roku universe recently, you will not find the Twitch app that was delisted. However, there is an unofficial app that can be used to stream Twitch content on your Roku device. Here are the steps to get the Unofficial Twitch app.
- Head over to the Roku website on your PC and sign in with your account.
- Now, go to the Add Channel with Code option.
- Click on OK for the warnings that show up.
- Now enter the code TWOKU and click on Add Channel.
- You should see the Unofficial Twitch app displayed on your screen.
- Click on OK to clear away the warnings being displayed by Roku.
Now, go back to your Roku device to search for updates. The Unofficial Twitch app will now be added to your Roku device which you can sign in and stream away your favorite Twitch content.
Screen Mirror Twitch App From Phone to Roku Device
If you are least bothered about adding channels to your Roku device using the above methods, you can simply choose to cast the Twitch app from your smartphone to your Roku device. If you use an Android smartphone, ensure that your smartphone and the Roku device are connected to the same wifi network.
On your Android smartphone, launch the Settings app and search for the Mirror option. You will find it either as a Screen Mirror, Smart Cast, Wireless Cast, Wireless Display, etc. Tap on it to search for your Roku. Once you find your Roku device, connect to it and launch the Twitch app. Login and stream your favorite content on your big screen right away.
If you have an Apple device, you need to make sure that your Roku TV or streaming device has support for Apple AirPlay 2. Check out the list of Roku devices that support Apple AirPlay 2 by heading here.
Screen Mirror Twitch from PC to Roku Device
If the smartphone way of screen mirroring the Twitch app to your Roku device isn’t perfect for you, there is always your PC that can be used to screen the Twitch website on your Roku. Here is how you can do that.
- Connect your PC as well as your Roku device to the same wifi network.
- Now, on your PC, launch the Google Chrome web browser.
- Head over to the Twitch website and sign in with your account
- Press the Windows and K keys on your keyboard to bring up the Cast menu. (Or you can cast through Quick Panel)
- Front this menu select your Roku device.
- Make sure that you have Screen mirroring and casting enabled on your Roku device.
- Once your PC is connected to your Roku device for screen mirroring/screen casting, simply pick up a stream on Twitch and play it.
- This is how you can stream and watch your favorite Twitch content on the big screen with the help of Roku.
This completes the guide on how you can stream and view Twitch content on your Roku streaming device or your Roku TV. These are workarounds for the Twitch app because the app was removed from the Roku platform in 2017.
Will the Twitch app come back to the Roku platform? Not anytime soon. Since Twitch belongs to Amazon, Amazon will ensure that the app is present and supported on its FireOS streaming sticks and TVs.
If you have doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- How to Broadcast to Twitch on Amazon Luna
- How to Pair a Roku Remote to TV
- How to Add Channels to Roku
- How to Fix Roku TV Sound Not Working
- How to Reset Roku Remote [Easy Ways]
- How to Screen Mirror to Roku TV from iPhone, Android, and PC
- How to Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote
- How to Cancel Any Subscription on Roku