Smart TVs with Roku OS built in are on the popular TVs out there. Why? Well, these TVs fit perfectly in a consumer’s budget and also lets you watch tons of content without the need of having a cable connection. You could always make use of the Wi-Fi connection to stream content and also for free right away. Things can even be better if you can share content from your phone to your Roku TV. You can do this by screen mirroring. Today’s guide is all about how to cast to Roku TV from your iPhone or Android cell phone.
What can you screen mirror from your cellphone to the Roku TV? Well, almost everything and anything that you wish. Documents, audio, and videos can be cast right away to the Roku TV. Many streaming apps be it audio or video ones have a cast option built into them. This makes it easy to simply move everything over to the big screen. If you have an Android or an iPhone and want to cast over to a Roku TV, read along to know how to cast or mirror to Roku TV.
Cast from Android or iPhone to Roku TV
Casting is a great way to view content on the big screen and it is quite simple to do so. Whether you have an iPhone or an Android, you can cast and mirror right away to your Roku TV.
An important point to remember is that for this to work perfectly your cellphone and your Roku Tv should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Enable Screen Mirroring Mode on Roku TV
To get this feature working on your Roku TV, you will have to first enable Screen Mirroring. To this, head over to Settings and select System. Next, you will have to scroll over to the Screen Mirroring option. After selecting Screen Mirroring, select Screen Mirroring mode and then choose between prompt or always allow. If you select Prompt, you will get a prompt dialogue on your Roku TV that will ask if you wish to allow a device to mirror itself on the Roku TV.
How to Mirror your Android phone to Roku TV
- Make sure your Android device and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Android cellphone open up the Settings app.
- In the search bar of the settings app, type in screen mirror or wireless display. Different Android devices will have different names for it.
- Once you the Screen Mirror option, tap on it.
- Your Android device will now search for Wireless display devices on the network.
- When your Roku TV shows up on the list, select it.
- Now, on your Roku TV, you will see a prompt to let your Android device connect to it. Simply select Allow and your Android device is now mirroring itself onto your Roku TV
How to Mirror iPhone to Roku TV
- Ensure that your iOS device and Roku TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iOS device open up the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring tile.
- Your iOS device will now look for wireless displays on the network.
- When you find your Roku TV in the list select it.
- You will now be asked to enter a code. Your Roku TV will display a code for you to enter on your iOS device.
- Once you have entered the code, tap on OK and you will now be mirroring your iOS device to the Roku TV right away.
Cast from Android or iOS device to Roku TV
Screen Mirroring and Casting are different. Casting lets you stream content from apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc to a wireless display. To cast content, you will need to have your cellphone as well as your Roku TV connected to the same network.
When both devices are connected to the same network, open up any of the Streaming apps and simply tap on the cast icon. You will normally find it at the top portion of the app. When you tap on it, it will now look for wireless displays. When you find your Roku TV, tap on it. It will ask you to enter a code which will be displayed on the TV. Enter the code on your cellphone and you should now be casting to your Roku TV.
In the case of screen mirroring from iPhone to Roku TV, make sure that you are running Roku OS 9.4 or later, as this new update now supports AirPlay. Also, only a few Roku TV models support AirPlay. If you have a Roku TV from the following models A—–, C—–, 7—– or the C–GB models (the – represents model numbers), then it has support for AirPlay right out of the box.
So, there you have it, an easy way to screen mirror and cast from your Android or iOS devices to your Roku TV.
You May Also Like – How to fix Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi
If you’ve any queries, then leave the comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: