Apart from the usual Movies, TV Shows, and News, people enjoy watching sports news and sports events. And, if you are someone that has cut the cord, you very well know that there are a good number of services that let you watch sports events. One of the popular ones out there is ESPN. So, if you are someone that has an LG Smart TV, this is your guide to know how to get ESPN app on LG TV.
For those who don’t know, ESPN+ is a streaming service that lets you watch a lot of sports events, UFC Matches Award Ceremonies, etc. There are two plans you can choose from. One is a monthly plan that costs you $6.99 and $69.99 for a yearly subscription. Now that you have a good idea of what the service is, we shall now see different ways by which you can watch ESPN+ on LG Smart TV.
How to Get ESPN+ on LG Smart TV
Let’s cut to the chase. No, you cannot watch ESPN on an LG Smart TV. For some reason, the ESPN+ app does not support TVs that run on LG’s WebOS TVs. Yes, this can be annoying. But, that doesn’t stop you from using different ways to stream the ESPN+ service on your LG Smart TV.
So, here are the different ways you can follow to stream ESPN+ on an LG Smart TV.
Cast from ESPN+ App to LG Smart TV
One of the easiest ways to watch all the good ESPN+ content on your LG TV is by casting it from your mobile device to your LG Smart TV. These are the steps you need to follow.
- Make sure that your LG TV and Android device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download the ESPN app on your Android device.
- Sign in to the app with an account that has a subscription to ESPN+.
- Once signed in, tap on the ESPN+ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the program that you wish to watch. You should see a Cast icon.
- The app will search for wireless displays on your network. When you spot your LG TV, tap on it.
- You should now be able to cast right away to your LG TV.
- With regards to iOS devices, there is no option for you to cast from the ESPN app.
Cast from PC to LG Smart TV
If you are an iOS user, you know that the app doesn’t let you AirPlay to your TV. This can be annoying. However, if you have a PC, there is a way for you to watch ESPN on the big screen LG TV.
- It is necessary that your PC and LG Smart TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, on your PC, download the Google Chrome web browser. It’s free and available on Windows, macOS, Linux, and ChromeOS.
- Once you have installed the web browser, you need to log into the ESPN+ website.
- Now that you are logged in, simply click on the three-dot menu at the right of the web browser.
- From the menu that shows up, simply click on the Cast option.
- It will now show you your LG TV. Click on it.
- The Screen on your PC will now be cast to your LG Smart TV and you can enjoy your favorite content right away.
Connect Gaming Console to LG TV
Now, if you have an LG TV that doesn’t have any of the smart features, but owns a gaming console like the PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One, you can watch ESPN+ using these devices. It is a simple and easy process. All you need to do is download the ESPN app on your PS4 or Xbox One, connect the device to your TV and launch the app right away. Simply click on the ESPN+ tab and you are good to go. All of this will work provided you already have an ESPN+ account and paid for a subscription plan.
Connect a Streaming Device
There are a good number of streaming devices available for you to purchase. Whether you prefer AppleTV, Amazon’s FireStick, Roku Streaming Stick, or for that matter even Google’s Chromecast, all of these services have support for the ESPN app. So, simply get one of these devices, connect them to your TV’s HDMI input port, set the right input source, and connect the streaming device to your WiFi network.
Use Built-in LG Web Browser
The final way to stream ESPN on your LG Smart TV is by using the built-in WebOS web browser. Now, this browser comes pre-installed on most LG Smart TVs dso, you can find it right away on your TV’s home screen. While you can enter the website URL, login, and watch your content, the problem here will be that it might be a bit slow and not ideal especially if you are watching a live event.
And these are the multiple ways you can follow to stream ESPN+ content on your LG Smart TV. Yes, it is absurd that there is no ESPN app made for LG’s WebOS TVs.But, just because it doesn’t have support doesn’t mean you simply have no option to watch ESPN on the TV. If you have questions and queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.