Apple Maps is one of the best mapping software after the Google Maps. But sadly, the Apple Maps availability is limited to the iPhone and Mac users. However, there’s a workaround which let users access Apple Maps on Windows and also on Android phones. As, the privacy-focused DuckDuckGo allow users to use Apple Maps on the web browsers. Here’s the step by step way by which you can use Apple Maps on Windows and Android.
Back in 2018, Apple released the MapKit JS along with the Apple Maps API for developers. Developers can use the API code to embed Apple Maps into their website and as we know that the Apple Maps is more-privacy focused mapping system than other services. DuckDuckGo integrated the service into their website using it’s framework, now users can access the Apple Maps online from Windows and Android as well. So, if you want to use Apple Maps then you can follow our guide.
Use Apple Maps on Android and PC
If you’re using Android device and want to use Apple Maps, then you can sideload the DuckDuckGo app on your smartphone or tablet for better experience. Although, you can also open the website on your smartphone and access the Apple Maps. Now let’s dive right in to the steps.
- To access the Apple Maps, simply head over to the DuckDuckGo, then search for a place you want to open in Apple Maps.
- Now tap on Maps filter to open the searched query in Apple Maps. You can even head over to the Maps section directly and then search place by its name.
- You can tap on directions to get driving or walking directions to the searched location, users can also tap on see photos to check the pictures of any location.
- If you want to check local businesses, then you need to share your location, by tapping on the location icon available in the top right corner of the window on PC.
- You can also switch to the Satellite view, by tapping on the below icon available in the bottom left side of the window.
- That’s it.
This is the easiest way which lets you taste the Apple Maps on non-Apple devices, including Windows, Linux, and Android. Although, you can not access all features including the route planning feature. Other than that, it doesn’t have traffic and transportation information.
Note: In case you don’t want to share your Realtime location, then you can also enter any address manually by tapping on the location icon listed in the top right corner.
If you’re using DuckDuckGo app on Android device, then you can also use any other mapping app for navigation purpose. After searching the location, you can tap on the directions and then tap on the below option “Navigate in Maps App” and choose the app you want to navigate from.
You May Also Like – How to get iOS 14 Privacy Dots on Android Phones
In case you’ve any query, then drop it down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: