The apps on any smart TV are one of the most crucial features. You see, you can use these apps to easily watch and stream your favorite movies, TV episodes, and even live TV channels. While we keep our TV software up to date at all times, it is important to also keep these same streaming apps that we have installed on our TVs up to date at all times.
Why would you want to keep the apps on your TV up to date at all times? Well, first of all, there will be improvements in the performance of the TV app. Secondly, it could be that some bugs might have been squashed.
Finally, there will also be some sort of new features that can help enhance your TV viewing experience via the particular app.
In today’s guide, we will be taking a look at how you can update apps on Samsung TV.
Let’s get started.
Do note that you will be able to update apps on Samsung TVs that have the feature to download and install apps from the dedicated app store on your Samsung TV. If your Samsung TV doesn’t have such a store, you might not be able to update any apps on your TV.
How to Update Apps on Samsung TV [Newer Models]
If you have one of the newer Samsung smart TVs, you can easily get the TV to automatically update the apps installed on your TV. Here are the steps.
- Grab the TV remote for your Samsung TV and press the Home button on it.
- Navigate and select the Apps option on your Samsung TV.
- Select the Gear icon present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Highlight the Auto Update option.
- The Samsung TV will now automatically update the apps that are installed on your TV as and when there is an update available.
- This ensures that you always have the latest version of the app whenever you make use of the particular app. Plus it also saves you time from having to update the particular app and manually check for updates.
How to Update Apps on Samsung TV [Older Models]
Got an older Samsung smart TV? You can follow these steps to update the apps on your older Samsung smart TV.
- Power up the Samsung TV and grab the remote. Make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
- Press the SmartHub button on your TV remote.
- Now, select the Featured option from the SmartHub menu.
- You should be seeing all your apps here. Any app that has a white arrow on the icon means that there is an update available for the app.
- Select the app and then press and hold the Enter button on your TV remote.
- A sub-menu should pop up on the screen, then select more.
- Choose the Update option.
- That’s it.
Alternatively, some of the apps will get updated whenever there is a big system update available for the Samsung TV itself.
In this case, you can always read through our detailed guide on how you can update the firmware on your Samsung TV easily.
This concludes the guide on how you can update the apps installed on your Samsung TV easily on any type of Samsung Smart TV.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
- How to Add Apps to Samsung Smart TV [Download Third Party Apps]
- How to Program DirecTV Remote to Samsung TV
- How to fix Samsung TV not responding to remote issue
- [9 Fixes] Samsung TV turning On and Off repeatedly
- Samsung TV Plus Channels (Streaming Apps) – The Complete List
- How to Clear Cache on Samsung TV [Definitive Guide]
- How to Fix No Sound Issue on Samsung TVs