If you are someone that loves watching Anime, you surely have heard about Crunchyroll. For those who do not know, it can be defined as a treasure haven for Anime lovers. Why you might ask? Well, you can watch the latest anime episodes within an hour or two of their release in Japan. Now, this is a service that can be streamed on a variety of devices. However, concerning smart TVs and the Samsung range of Smart TVs in particular, the app cannot be installed as Samsung’s Smart TVs no longer support the Crunchyroll app. Today, we will be taking a look at how to get Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung does make a great range of Smart TVs that have outstanding audio and video qualities, and sure enough, they come at a premium price point. Well, these Smart TVs do have a lot of pre-installed apps as well as other apps that can be installed from the App store on your TV. This is however not the case with Crunchyroll. There used to be a time when you could install the Crunchyroll app on your Samsung Smart TV, but not anymore. So, what do you do now? Do you get rid of your Samsung Smart TV and buy another one? No! Instead, you can follow the different methods below to continue watching Crunchyroll on your Samsung Smart TV.
Get Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV
Before you think about trying to sideload the Crunchyroll app onto your Samsung Smart TV, you need to hold your horses. Even if you manage to install the app by sideloading, it will simply not work. The app will not launch or if it does, it will simply say that there is no internet connection. Instead, just follow any one of these 5 methods mentioned below to continue watching your favorite anime on Crunchyroll.
How to stream Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV [by Screen Mirroring]
Casting a streaming service is a great way to enjoy the content from your mobile device onto the big screen And yes, you can do all of it wirelessly. Follow these steps.
- First, you need to connect your mobile device and your Samsung Smart TV to the same wifi network.
- Now, you need to download the Crunchyroll app.
- It is available as a free download on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- On your iPhone, swipe down from the top right corner to bring the Control Center.
- Now, tap on the Screen Mirroring tile.
- Your iPhone will search for AirPlay-enabled wireless displays.
- Once you spot your Samsung Smart TV select it.
- The iPhone will begin screen mirroring.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Search for Screen Mirroring, Wireless Display, Screen Cast, or Smart View options.
- Select and it and now the device will search for wireless displays.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list.
- Now once the device connects to the Samsung Smart TV, simply launch the Crunchyroll app and stream the content you like right onto your big screen.
Stream Crunchyroll on Samsung TV using In-built Browser
Samsung’s Smart TVs might not support all the apps, but that shouldn’t stop you in any manner. The best you can do is make use of the web browser for streaming services that let you view content by simply signing in.
- From the home screen of your Samsung Smart TV, select and launch the web browser.
- It will be known as the Samsung Internet browser.
- You can use the Samsung Smart TV remote to navigate through the web browser.
- Simply head over to the Crunchyroll website and log in with your details.
- Select the Anime or manga that you want to watch.
- You can now simply watch the content on your Samsung Smart TV.
Connect Streaming Sticks
Since the Samsung Smart TV misses out on a bunch of popular streaming services and apps, it would be sensible to simply get yourself any of the following devices.
- Roku Stick
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
With any of the above devices connected to your Samsung Smart TV, you will be able to not only download and install the Crunchyroll app but also many other apps. These devices are useful and can easily connect to the HDMI input ports of your Samsung Smart TV. With the devices connected to your Wifi network, you can download and stream the Crunchyroll app right away.
Stream via the Gaming Consoles
If you happen to have either your PlayStation or Xbox gaming console and a Samsung Smart TV then you’ll be glad. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles have support for the Crunchyroll app. What you can do is simply connect your gaming console to the Samsung Smart TV and then download the app onto your gaming console. Sure it’s not the best option out there, but hey, if it works, it works.
Cast Crunchyroll from Windows PC
Well, the only last sensible option is to cast Crunchyroll from your Windows PC to the bug screen. Think it’s complex? Nope! It’s simple and very easy. Here are the steps.
- Connect your Windows PC and the Samsung Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- On your PC, launch Google Chrome. If you do not have it, you can download it from here for free.
- Now, visit the Crunchyroll website and sign in with your credentials.
- With that done, now click on the three dots menu in the top right corner of the web browser.
- From the menu, select the Cast option.
- It will begin to look for wireless displays that are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you spot your Samsung Smart TV, click on it.
- You can choose between Cast Tab or Cast Desktop. Pick the Cast Tab option, and you now have Crunchyroll streaming on your Samsung Smart TV.
So there you have it. 5 different ways that you can follow to stream or watch Crunchyroll content on your Samsung Smart TV. Sure it kind of feels dumb with the fact that there is no support for a popular app like Crunchyroll in 2022. Considering that Crunchyroll is now under Sony’s Funimation, we hope to see an app for Samsung Smart TVs making a comeback soon. Or at least have a Cast option built right into the Crunchyroll app for Android and iOS. When all of this will happen? Only time will tell.