Apple TV has one of the best interface among all streaming apps available for Smart TVs. Yes, this include Apple TV for Samsung TVs. So if you have a Samsung Smart TV and want to watch Apple TV content on your Samsung TV, then this guide is for you.
Apple TV is a great subscription for those who love to watch exclusive content. While it will be good enough to stream Apple TV content on your mobile phone, the experience only gets better if you have a big-screen TV. The is also a Apple TV streaming device, but if you don’t have this device you can still enjoy Apple TV contents on your Smart TV including Samsung TV. So, today we will be taking a look at how to get Apple TV on Samsung TV.
Samsung has improved the Tizen UI for its Smart TVs in last few years. And as a result you get to see more apps in the Samsung TV store along with the improved performance of these apps. However, not all Samsung Smart TVs are able to install the Apple TV app. Don’t worry along with guide, I will also share alternative methods for old Samsung TVs.
How to Get Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV
Before we begin around with how you can watch Apple TV on your Samsung Smart TV, we first need to identify what Samsung Smart TV models are supported by the Apple TV app. Here is the list.
Supported Samsung Smart TVs
- All Latest Samsung Smart TVs – 2022 to present
- Samsung FHD/HD 5,4 Series- 2017, 2018, 2020.
- Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series- 2019, 2020.
- Samsung Serif Series- 2019, 2020
- Samsung The Frame Series- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Samsung The Sero Series- 2019, 2020.
- Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
Now, if you are someone that has one of the above Samsung Smart TVs, then there is a high chance of the Apple TV being preinstalled into your TV. If not, here’s how to get Apple TV to your Samsung TV.
1. First, power up your Samsung Smart TV and make sure to connect your Samsung Smart TV to the internet.
2. Now, using remote you need to navigate to the Apps (store) page on your TV.
3. In the App store, go to Search option.
4. Now search for Apple TV. And select the app from search result.
5. If its already installed, the app will open right away. If not, you will see the Install button. Click on Install using your remote.
6. The Apple TV app will be installed on your Samsung TV. Open the app once installed.
7. The app will ask for your Apple ID. Sign in with your Apple ID which has an Apple TV subscription.
8. Once you have signed in, you can watch your favorite movie or tv show right away in Apple TV app on your Samsung TV.
If you have an old Samsung TV which does not have Apple TV app in its App Store, you can follow alternative methods.
How to Watch Apple TV on Older Samsung TVs
You can follow different alternatives.
1. Using AirPlay
If you have an old Samsug TV, then it may or may not come with support for AirPlay. But if you have an iPhone or iPad, you can always try the AirPlay method.
To do that, make sure the Apple TV app is installed on your Apple device. Then start AirPlay using this guide. And once the screen mirror starts, open the Apple TV app on your iPhone and play the content you want to watch. The content will play on your TV.
However many old Samsung TVs don’t support AirPlay or it may be possible that you don’t have an iPhone, and so there are few more ways.
2. Using Laptop or PC
You can also project your PC display to your Samsung TV. And as the Apple TV is available to play in browser, you can play it on your PC and mirror its screen to your Samsung TV. You can follow this screen mirror guide.
You can use HDMI cable to play Apple TV on your Samsung TV without buffering or lag. Yes, you can also use wireless mirror but that will require fast internet. To use HDMI, connect both ends of HDMI to your PC and TV. Then select the correct HDMI number in source and you will be able to see what’s playing on your Laptop. Then play anything on Apple TV to watch its content on your Samsung TV.
You can use it even if your TV is not smart. It only requires HDMI port.
The other way to stream Apple TV content on your Samsung TV is by connecting to other devices.
Devices that Support Apple TV App
- PlayStation 4, 5
- Xbox One, Series X, and S
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Amazon FireTV Stick
- Google Chromecast
- Apple TV Box
If you have any of the above devices, you can simply plug it into your Samsung TVs HDMI port and download the Apple TV app on the device right away. Because these devices can connect to the internet, you can stream your favorite TV and shows right away. Do note that this will also work on non-smart TVs that have at least an HDMI port.
And this is how you can watch your favorite Apple TV content on Samsung Smart or non-smart TV. In fact, this method will work perfectly for any app that you wish to stream on your Samsung TV.
However, the difference will be that if your Samsung TV supports screen mirroring and casting, you will be able to easily cast the app from your phone to the TV if the app no longer supports your TV. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments below.