Apple TV is a great subscription for those who love to watch exclusive content. Ans, it could also be possible that you might prefer watching such content because you have an Apple One subscription that includes Apple Music as well. While it will be good enough to stream Apple TV content on your mobile phone, the experience only gets better if you have a big-screen TV. So, today we will be taking a look at how you can stream Apple TV on a Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung has been manufacturing TVs for quite a long time. They have a TV available for everyone at any price bracket. Samsung‘s TVs are known for their good displays and features, especially for the prices that they come at. Now, because these are Smart TVs, you will be able to easily stream Apple TV on these TVs without any problem. However, not all Samsung Smart TVs are able to install the Apple TV app. So, if you are someone that is trying to figure out how you can stream Apple TV on your Samsung Smart TV, this is the guide for you.
How to Watch Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV
Before we begin around with how you can watch Apple TV on your Samsung Smart TV, we first need to identify what Samsung Smart TV models are supported by the Apple TV app. Here is the list.
Supported Samsung Smart TVs
- Samsung FHD/HD 5,4 Series- 2017, 2018, 2020.
- Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series- 2019, 2020.
- Samsung Serif Series- 2019, 2020
- Samsung The Frame Series- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Samsung The Sero Series- 2019, 2020.
- Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
Now, if you are someone that has one of the above Samsung Smart TVs, then there is a high chance of the Apple TV being preinstalled onto your TV.
- First, power up your Samsung Smart TV and grab the TV remote.
- Make sure to connect your Samsung Smart TV to the internet.
- Now, you need to navigate to the All Apps screen on your TV.
- If you see the Apple TV app, navigate to it and select the app to launch it.
- You will have to sign in with your Apple ID which has an Apple TV subscription.
- Now that you have signed in, you can simply go ahead and stream your favorite movie or tv show right away.
- However, if you do not have the app preinstalled, you can always download the Appel TV app from the Samsung TV app store.
- Simply download and install it to enjoy your exclusive content right away.
Stream Apple TV on Older Samsung Smart TVs
Now, before you might ask, well what about casting the app to the TV? Well, you actually cannot do that. That will only work if you have an Apple device and if your Samsung Smart TV supports Apple AirPlay 2. If your TV doesn’t support Apple AirPlay 2, nor do you have an iPhone, the only way to stream Apple TV content on your Samsung TV is by connecting to other devices.
Devices that Support Apple TV App
- PlayStation 4, 5
- Xbox One, Series X, and S
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Amazon FireTV Stick
- Google Chromecast
- Apple TV Box
If you have any of the above devices, you can simply plug it into your Samsung TVs HDMI port and download the Apple TV app on the device right away. Because these devices can connect to the internet, you can stream your favorite TV and shows right away. Do note that this will also work on non-smart TVs that have at least an HDMI port.
And this is how you can stream and watch your favorite Apple TV content on a Samsung Smart or non-smart TV. In fact, this method will work perfectly for any app that you wish to stream on your Samsung TV. However, the difference will be that if your Samsung TV supports screen mirroring and casting, you will be able to easily cast the app from your phone to the TV if the app no longer supports your TV. We hope this guide has helped you in knowing how to watch Apple TV on your Samsung TV. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments below.