Vizio TVs have been around for quite a long time. These TVs run on an operating system built by Vizio called SmartCast. What do SmartCast TVs offer? Well, they have support for Chromecast and Apple AirPlay and also lets you use a lot of streaming services to view your content. These TVs also work perfectly with voice assistants from Amazon, Google, and Apple. But what if you have been asking your TV to cast a particular app and it just doesn’t do anything? Today’s guide is about how to fix Vizio SmartCast TV not working.
Everyone likes to watch some series or movies online from their favorite streaming service. And, the experience is even better when you can watch it on a big screen paired with a home theater sound system. Well, you could access particular apps from the designated button on the remote. But what about other apps? What else can you do if you aren’t able to access an app that has no specific button on the remote? Read along to know how to fix a Vizio SmartCast not working issue.
Fix Vizio SmartCast Not Working
If your Vizio Smartcast TV displays a black screen when you turn it on pressing other buttons on the TV remote doesn’t help, that is a sign of the Smartcast feature not working at all. However, there are a few troubleshooting methods available and you can follow them to fix Vizio Smartcast not working.
Check Your Network Connection
Since this is a TV that works perfectly on a Wireless internet connection, the first thing you have to do is to check if it’s not due to the network issue. You can do a network test right away on the TV itself.
- Open the Settings Menu and Select Network.
- Now select Test Connection. Over here you will be able to see if the network is connected or if your network has issues related to speed.
- If it has anything to do with the network, you can also maybe try connecting any other device to that network and check. If there are issues with it, then it’s obvious that your network is the culprit here.
- In such a case, you can simply ring your ISP and tell them you have issues with the network.
- Similarly, you can even connect your Vizio SmartCast TV to another network and check whether it is a network issue or the Vizio SmartCast having an issue.
Change SmartCast Language
Sometimes, software glitches could be the reason why the SmartCast might just not work. Why change the language you may ask. Well, changing the language helps to refresh the SmartCast home screen and it will be forced to display content in the new language. Sometimes, this can work just right. Here is how you can change the SmartCast language on your Vizio SmartCast TV to fix the not working issue.
- Open up the Vizio TV Settings menu and select System.
- Highlight the Menu Language option and switch to another language say French or Spanish.
- The SmartCast home screen will now reload and try to display content in the newly selected language.
- With everything loading correctly, it is now time to change the language back to your preferred language.
- Now, the SmartCast should be loading normally as before without any issues whatsoever.
Enable Demo Mode
Sometimes it is best to simply switch inputs that are not working or loading correctly. Switching inputs will help to refresh the home screen and this should make the home screen work correctly. A demo mode is a mode where it will simply display pictures or videos that are stored in the TV itself. It is commonly used in stores to display content on it that will show off the display capabilities. Since it requires you to change inputs, this could help fix the SmartCast home screen. Here is how you can enable Store Mode to fix Vizio SmartCast TV not working problem.
- Open the Settings Menu on Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Scroll over to Admin & Privacy and select it.
- Now select Store Demo and that is it. Your Vizio SmartCast TV has now switched its input to the Store Demo.
- Let the Store Demo run for a few minutes before exiting out of it.
- Now, power the TV off using the buttons on the TV or by the remote itself.
- Power the TV back on with the remote or by the side buttons.
- You will now see a message on your screen stating that the Store Demo is going to be launched. Using the remote, simply press and hold the Input button on the remote or the TV.
- And that is how you can exit the Store Demo mode on your Vizio SmartCast TV.
Power Cycle the TV
Power Cycling the TV will help to get rid of temporary glitches that might have caused the Vizio Smartcast tv to not work properly. To perform a power cycle on your Vizio SmartCast TV do the following
- Open the Settings menu and select System.
- Scroll down and select Reset and Admin.
- Highlight and select the Soft Power Cycle option.
- The TV will now ask if you wish to perform a Soft Power Cycle. Select Yes.
- Your TV will power down and restart right away.
Alternatively, you can also simply turn the TV off by the remote and then disconnect the plug from the power outlet. Leave the TV disconnected for a minute or so and then plug it back into power the TV back on. The Vizio SmartCast should now be working perfectly fine. If any of the above options didn’t help to fix the not working Vizio SmartCast, it is time to perform a Factory reset on it.
Factory Reset the Vizio Smart Cast TV
The most effective solution to fix the problems of the Vizio SmartCast not working or displaying properly is to perform a factory reset. Do note that all your data will be cleared and, any adjustments that you have a custom set up for the TV will also be reset to their default values.
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote to enter the Settings Menu.
- Scroll down and select the Admin and Privacy option.
- Under Admin and Reset and select reset to factory settings. And the select Reset.
- The TV will now restart and bring you back to the first-time setup screen.
- When you have completed the setup, you will be able to use your TV and the SmartCast Input should now be working perfectly without any issues.
And this is how you can fix the Vizio SmartCast not working. If for any reason whatsoever the SmartCast does not work even after performing a factory reset, you will have to contact customer care support for Vizio and have them look into the problem.
So that’s all on how to fix Vizio Smartcast not working issue. We hope you find the guide useful. In case of any queries let us know in the comment section below.
More TV Guides: