Roku-powered devices are great. They are popular because they are priced perfect for a lot of people who do not want to spend a lot of money on purchasing a smart TV. Roku devices are available in the form of streaming sticks, streaming boxes, and even on TVs. Also, a lot of Roku devices are designed to be powered off automatically after a while or just enter a low power state mode. If you wish to know how to turn off Roku TV, read on to know more.
Now, there might have been a lot of times when you might have been watching a movie or a series and just fell asleep in the middle of the show. You could enable a setting to let the Roku TV or device turn itself off or you could let it enter a low power mode. You would say well, couldn’t they just press the power button and get done with it? Well, these devices do not have such kind of a power button that you can use to turn it on or off.
How to turn off Roku Devices
Various kinds of Roku devices are available in the market. Read on to know how to turn off a particular Roku device easily. Usually, people leave these devices on or in a low power state so that the Roku device can download any updates and install, only to be ready to use whenever the user wishes to.
How to turn off Roku Streaming Stick
The Roku streaming stick is a simple yet useful Roku device that brings RokuOS to your smart TV. Since it requires you to connect it to the HDMI input port of your Smart TV, there is no special or separate option to power it off. The minute you power off your Smart TV, the Streaming Stick is also shut down since it no longer is receiving power from the TV via the HDMI port.
How to Power Off Roku Gen 3, 2, and 1 Devices
The first, second, and third generations of Roku streaming devices do not have a power On or Off switch. If you do not use the device for a certain period, it automatically switches to a low-power sleep mode. So, what do you do to power these generations of Roku devices? Well, you simply unplug the power cord from its power source. These devices have no other way to be powered off.
How to turn off USB powered Roku Devices
These devices as well do not have a shutdown option. In such cases, unplugging it from the USB ports should be more than fine. Also, if you simply power off the main device to which the Roku USB stick is connected, that should be more than enough to have everything turned off.
How to turn off Roku Gen 4 and Roku Ultra Devices
The newer Roku streaming boxes have an option in the Settings menu to shut it down. Here is how you can do that.
- Take your Roku Remote and open up the Settings menu.
- Now, navigate over to the System option.
- Select the system option, you will see a few sub-options. Navigate and select Power.
- In the Power option, you will be greeted with three sub-options.
- The first one is Auto Power Off. If you use this option, the Roku device will automatically shut itself down in 30 seconds or so when it is not in use.
- The second option reads System Restart. As it says, it performs a restart of your Roku device.
- The last and final option reads Power Off. When you select it, the Roku device will power itself off right away. Yes, it shuts itself down instantly.
How to turn off RokuOS TV
Now, this is a Smart Tv itself, so yes you can simply press the power button on your TVs remote to shut it down right away. However, there is another way that you can use to set it to automatically shut itself down. Follow these steps.
- Pick up your Roku TVs remote and press the Home button.
- Now, head over to the Settings option.
- Under Settings, you will have to navigate to System followed by Power Options.
- Now, you will need to select the auto Power Savings option. make sure to check the Turn off after 4 Hours option.
- You can also choose the reduce power after 15 minutes option.
- When the Tv is not in use, it will automatically switch to a low power state mode and four hours later, you will find your Roku TV switched off as well.
So, there you have it. A guide on how to power off your particular Roku-powered device easily. Usually, these Roku devices are designed to stay connected and powered on to install the latest updates and always have an updated system whenever you decide to you use the device. What do you prefer? Plugging the device out of the power source or using the shutdown option in the device.
You May Also Like – How to fix Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi
Still have queries on how to turn off Roku device, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Stuff: