Amazon’s Firestick is a great way to be watching your favorite TV Shows and Movies without having to use a cable network connection. As expected with a lot of devices out there, there will always be some type of bugs and issues that might sometimes cause some problems in the day-to-day use of your Amazon Firestick.
Of course, you could always perform a factory reset of your Amazon Firestick, but, why do all of that when you try to simply restart your Amazon Firestick? In today’s guide, let’s take a look at how you can restart your Amazon Firestick.
Restart Amazon Firestick in Different Ways
Your Amazon Firestick can be restarted in three different ways. If you are facing any type of issues on your Amazon Firestick, then you can follow any of these methods to resolve the issues. Let’s take a look at the methods.
Method 1: Unplug Device from Power Source
As you know that your Amazon Firestick, in order to be powered up and working, you need to have it plugged into a power source as well as your TV to view content on the device. So, in order to restart the device, all you need to do is simply switch off or unplug the power cable of the Amazon Firestick from the outlet and wait for a few seconds. When a few seconds have passed, simply plug it back into the power source. This is how you can restart your Amazon Firestick.
Method 2: Restart Firestick from Settings
There is another way that you can follow to restart your Amazon Firestick. This method involves you interacting with your Amazon Firestick using the Firestick remote. Here are the steps you need to follow to restart your Amazon Firestick.
- Grab the remote for your Amazon Firestick and navigate over to the Settings menu.
- Select the Devices and Software option. Some Firesticks might show this option as My Fire TV.
- You will now have three options to choose from – Sleep, Restart and Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Choose Restart.
- Your Amazon Firestick will now reboot itself right away.
Method 3: Restart Firestick Using Firestick Remote
The third and final way you can follow to restart your Amazon Firestick is by using the button combination on its remote. In this case, make sure your remote is working perfectly, has fresh batteries, and is not physically damaged. If your remote is in good condition, follow these steps.
- Press and hold the Select button and Play/Pause button.
- Keep these buttons pressed simultaneously for five seconds.
- After five seconds, your Firestick will restart.
- You will not see any type of message on your screen indicating that the Firestick is restarting. This is all normal.
- Once the Firestick has switched itself off, it will power itself again.
These are the three different ways you can follow to restart Amazon Firestick. Knowing the different ways to restart your Firestick is quite important simply because you will at least know what is to be done in case your Firestick ever hangs or freezes itself up. Have questions or queries? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.