There are a number of smart streaming devices for users to choose from. One of the most popular streaming devices out there is the Amazon Fire Stick. With the help of the Fire Stick, you can easily watch and stream a number of TV shows and movies from a number of different streaming services. Today, we will be taking a look at how you can install the Spectrum TV app on Amazon Fire Stick.
For the unaware, Spectrum TV is a streaming service that allows you to watch a number of live TV channels and also a number of on-demand content. You can read more about Spectrum TV’s channel lineup, availability, and plans by heading here. Since the Amazon Fire Stick is running on a forked version of Android called Fire OS. So, follow this guide to know how you can install the Spectrum TV app on your Amazon Fire Stick streaming device.
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Fire Stick
Now that you know about the Spectrum TV app, it’s time to look at the steps that you need to follow in order to install the app on your Fire Stick. Before you get to install the app, connect your Fire Stick to your TV’s HDMI port and have it connected to a WiFi network. Once you have powered up the Fire Stick and have it connected to the internet, you can follow these steps.
- Grab the remote for your Fire Stick remote on the home screen and select the search box.
- In the search box type Downloader and search for the app.
- The app will have an orange icon. Once you find the app, make sure to download and install the app on your Fire Stick device.
Now you need to enable developer options on your Amazon Fire Stick. This is needed because the Spectrum TV app needs to be sideloaded to your Fire Stick. Here are the steps
- Using the remote, navigate over to the Settings page on your Fire Stick.
- Select the My Fire TV option.
- Scroll and select Developer Options.
- Highlight the Install Apps from the Unknown Sources option.
- Turn the option to On to enable installing apps from unknown sources.
Download Spectrum TV App
Now that you have the Downloader app and have also enabled developer options, it’s time to sideload the Spectrum TV app.
- Launch the Downloader app that you previously installed on your Fire Stick.
- The app will now display a URL bar. You will have to enter the URL of the Spectrum TV app.
- Using your remote, type in https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spectrum/spectrum-tv/
- You have to select the latest available version of the app.
- Once the app has been downloaded, the installation screen for the Spectrum TV app will be displayed on your screen.
- Select the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
- The Spectrum TV app will now be present on the home screen of your Fire Stick. Simply launch the app and sign in with your Spectrum TV credentials.
Cast Spectrum from iPhone or Android to Fire Stick
If for some reason whatsoever you aren’t able to install the Spectrum TV app on your Fire Stick, you can still stream its content wirelessly by casting the app. Here are the steps you can follow to cast spectrum TV to your Fire Stick.
- First, connect your Android or iOS device and your Fire Stick to the same WiFi network.
- Now, download the Spectrum TV app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Once the app has been downloaded, log into the app with your Spectrum TV credentials.
- On Android
- Open the Settings app and search for Cast or Screen Mirror or Wireless Display
- Your device will look for wireless displays connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you find your Fire Stick, select it and you can now screen mirror the Spectrum TV app to your Fire Stick.
- On iPhone
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Your iPhone will search for wireless displays. This will work only if your Fire Stick has support for Apple AirPlay
- Once you find the Fire Stick, tap on it to screen mirror the Spectrum TV app on your Fire Stick.
- This is how you can stream and enjoy content on your Fire Stick via the Spectrum app on your phone If the app isn’t able to install on your Fire Stick.
So, this is how you can install the Spectrum TV app on your Amazon Fire Stick device. You can also use the cast/ screen mirroring option if you don’t want to sideload the Spectrum TV app on your Fire Stick. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- How to fix Firestick TV Remote not working (Different Methods)
- How to fix: Firestick connected to WiFi but not the internet [7 Fixes]
- Fix: Amazon Firestick Remote flashing yellow light [5 Fixes]
- How to Screen Mirror on Insignia Fire TV [from Android or iPhone]
- How to connect Fire TV to Soundbar [3 Easy Ways]