Electronic devices can tend to have some sort of trouble. Nothing major, just some bugs such as changing the volume results in one fixed value, or unable to change channels or even for that matter unable to change input sources for the TV. All of these simple issues can be fixed by performing a reset. Whether soft ones or hard ones, these issues can be easily fixed without you having to visit the service center. If you have a Smart TV from Samsung, here is a simple guide on how to reset Samsung TV.
It is common for electronic devices to get stuck with a small bug. It could be possible that the bug gets triggered by a new software update, or by performing a particular function an issue is bound to occur. Now, Samsung’s lineup of Smart TVs has gained a lot of popularity thanks to the display as well as features that are packed into their displays. Samsung has manufactured its smart TVs since 2011 and continues to do so with all the latest technologies in sound and display. Read on to know how to perform a factory reset on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Smart TVs
Before we go ahead and begin with performing a reset, there are two kinds of reset options you can do. A soft reset and a hard reset. You can always perform a soft reset first and check if it has solved your issues. If it hasn’t, it’s time to perform a hard reset.
Soft Reset Samsung Smart TV
A soft reset will not delete any of your data or personalized settings you have saved on the TV. To perform a soft reset, simply switch the smart TV off and disconnect it from the power source. You can wait for a minute or so and then reconnect it back to its power source. This is the best way to check if a particular issue has got fixed or not. If the issue still exists, you can look for the model of your Samsung smart Tv and perform a hard reset right away.
Hard Reset D Series Samsung Smart TVs
- Power up your Samsung D series TV.
- Take the TV remote and now press and hold the Exit button for 10 to 12 seconds.
- The TV will now display a pop-up message asking if you wish to perform a Factory Reset.
- You can choose between Ok and Cancel.
- Selecting Ok will begin the factory reset.
- Once the process has been completed, the TV will switch Off.
- Now, power on the TV, and you will be greeted with the first one-time setup screen.
- Once you have completed the setup you can now go ahead and use the TV right away.
Hard Reset E, F, H, HU, and J Series Samsung Smart TVs
- Switch your Samsung Smart TV on and press the Menu button on the remote.
- From the Settings menu, scroll down and select the Support option.
- Under the Support submenu, you will now want to select Self Diagnosis.
- Now select the Reset option.
- It will then ask you to enter the TV PIN. If you haven’t changed it, the default PIN is 0000.
- A pop-up will now show up asking you if you want to perform a factory reset.
- Select Yes.
- The reset process will now begin. It could take a while, but not long.
- Once completed, the TV will switch off.
- Power the TV on and continue with the first-time setup.
Hard Reset JU, JS, K, KS, and KU Series Samsung Smart TVs
- Power up your smart TV and press the Menu button on the remote.
- Scroll down through the Main Menu and select the Support option.
- Next, you will want to select the Self Diagnosis option.
- Under the Self Diagnosis option, scroll and select the Reset option.
- The TV will ask you for a PIN. Once you have entered the PIN, it will ask you to confirm performing a reset. Select Yes.
- The reset process will now begin. At this time the TV screen might turn itself off and on quite a few times.
- Once completed, the TV will turn off.
- Power it on to go ahead with the one-time setup screen.
Hard Reset M, N, NU, Q and R Series Smasung Smart TVs
- With your Samsung, Smart TV switched On, press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Select Settings from the menu displayed on the screen.
- Now, you need to select the Support option.
- Next, select Self Diagnosis followed by Reset.
- You will be asked to enter the TV PIN.
- With the PIN entered, you can select Yes to the factory reset.
- The TV will now go ahead with the Factory Reset. This will take some time and then the TV should power itself Off.
- Simply power the TV back on, complete the setup and you are good to go.
Hard Reset A and T Series Samsung Smart TVs
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now press the Home button on the remote to open the Smart Hub menu.
- Select the Settings option from the Smart Hub.
- Scroll down a bit and select the General option.
- Under General, you will need to scroll till you find the Reset option.
- Select Reset and enter in the TV PIN as required.
- It will show a popup telling you that the TV will begin its reset. Select Yes/OK and now the reset process should begin.
- Once the reset process has been completed, the TV will shut down.
- Power it on and complete the setup and you should be then ready to use the TV right away.
So, there you have it, two easy ways to reset your Samsung Smart TV depending on the model that you have. Do remember that all data will be cleared when you perform a factory reset. Also, the default TV PIN for most Samsung TVs is 0000. The process shouldn’t take you an excess of 4 minutes. Everything from executing the reset to completing the setup should have up and running in about 5 minutes or so.