Connecting your laptop to your smart TV is a great way to share your computer’s screen when you want to watch a movie or showcase a presentation. Now, you could easily make use of an HDMI cable connected to your laptop and your Samsung Smart TV. But, do you know that you could mirror your laptop’s screen to your Samsung Smart TV wirelessly? In this guide, we will be taking a look at How to Connect a Laptop to Samsung Smart TV wirelessly.
Thankfully enough, you can connect your laptop to your Samsung TV wirelessly and easily. With such ease and simplicity, the need for cables and additional hardware is simply eliminated. There could be many reasons to connect a laptop to Samsung Smart TV. Maybe you want to enjoy media content or gaming on a bigger screen, or want to present anything on your Smart TV, or enjoy photos with family, or many other reasons. If you’re interested in using your Samsung TV as an additional display or as a projector screen, this is the guide for you.
How to Connect Laptop to Samsung TV Wirelessly
There are multiple ways you can follow to connect your laptop to a Samsung TV wirelessly. Both ways are simple and do not require any cables whatsoever. You can follow the method that is easy for you. Let’s start with the first method.
Connect using Samsung Smart View App
The Samsung Smart View app is an app built by Samsung that allows you to mirror your images, audio, and video files from your PC’s screen to your Samsung TV. Follow these steps to connect your laptop wirelessly to the Samsung TV using the app.
- Download the Samsung Smart View for your PC from here.
- Install the app on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
- Now, connect your Windows laptop as well as your Samsung TV to the same Wifi network.
- Launch the Samsung Smart View app on your PC and click on the connect to TV button.
- You will have to choose your TV from the list of TVs that it has detected on the network.
- The Samsung TV will now display a PIN. You have to enter it on your laptop.
- All you have to do now is click on the Add content button and select the files that you want to view on tour TV. They can be audio, video, or even document files.
This is one of the easiest methods if you don’t have the HDMI cable with you. Now let’s move to the second method.
Connect using Direct Screen Mirroring
While the first method is useful when you want to watch or view images, audio, and video files, this second method lets you use your Samsung TV as a secondary display. Follow these steps to know how.
- Connect your Windows PC and your Samsung TV to the same wifi network.
- Now, all you need to do is press the Windows and K keys on your keyboard. Or you can click on Connect button on the quick settings.
- The cast menu will pop up on your screen. Simply select your Samsung TV from the list and click on it. If it gives error then try selecting it multiple times until it says Follow instructions on your device.
- Allow the prompt on your Samsung TV. You can now screen mirror your PC to the Samsung TV right away.
- With this method, you can browse the web, stream your favorite shows, or even just use it to play your favorite video games right away.
- All of this can be done without the need for any wires, cables, or even any additional hardware.
Connect using Chrome Browser
If you have any presentation or media playing in a browser then you can case the browser screen to your Samsung Smart TV. Mostly all popular browsers support the Cast feature. Here in this guide I will share steps for Chrome Browser but you can follow same instructions for other Browsers.
- Make sure to connect both Laptops and Samsung TV to same WiFi.
- Now open browser on your PC.
- Tap three dots present at the top right corner.
- Now tap on the Cast option available between Print and Find.
- It will now look for the device that are connected to the same network. Select your Samsung TV.
- Allow the same on your TV and you can mirror your browser to your smart TV.
This is a great way to share your PC’s screen to your Samsung TV wirelessly. This method works with almost any brand of TV that has Miracast. But, if your TV doesn’t have Miracast, you can always connect a Google Chromecast device and then cast your PC’s screen to your TV easily. Again, both devices should be on the same wifi network. Performing all of these actions should take you less than two minutes to screen mirror from your PC to your Samsung TV.