Smart home automation is rapidly picking up pace. We have a range of smart home devices such as smart garages, smart speakers, smart doorbells, and even smart thermostats now. A thermostat is a regulating device that is used to control and maintain the temperature within your room. Whether you like to have a warm or cool temperature inside your home, it’s all up to you. The thermostats from Honeywell are very popular. Considering these are electronic devices, there can always be an issue with them not functioning properly. Today’s guide will show you the steps on how to perform a factory reset on your Honeywell Thermostats.
Honeywell has different types of thermostats. They have non-programmable ones, programmable ones, and even smart wifi thermostats. This provides customers with a choice that suits their house and needs. Because these thermostats are easy to adjust and control, there can be times when the thermostat might fail to adjust the temperatures or maybe even not properly be able to adjust and remember the schedules assigned to it. In this case, performing a factory reset would be the best solution to determine whether the issue gets fixed or not. So, let’s take a look at how to perform a factory reset on various kinds of Honeywell Thermostats that are available to consumers.
Factory Reset Honeywell Thermostats
There are different Honeywell thermostat models available. While some might have a similar method to perform a factory reset, some might have an entirely different manner. You see the factory reset process for your particular thermostat, scroll down to your particular model.
Reset Honeywell Thermostats 9000 and Vision Pro Family
- Press the Menu button on your Honeywell 9000 or Vision Pro series thermostats.
- Select the Preferences option on the screen.
- Now scroll and select the Restore Factory Defaults.
- It will ask you if you want to continue with the Factory Reset.
- Select Yes.
- The device will now begin to reset itself, and you are good to go.
Reset Honeywell Thermostats 8000 series
- Press the System button on your thermostat
- At the bottom of the display press and hold the center blank button for about 5 seconds.
- Now press the down arrow button from the first pair of arrow buttons.
- You will see a four-digit number next to it.
- Keep pressing the button till you get to the number 0165
- Now, press the down button on the second pair of arrow buttons.
- Press it till you see 1 on the screen.
- Now, press the Done button.
- The thermostat will begin to reset itself.
Reset Honeywell Lyric T Series Thermostats
- Press the Menu button on the home screen for about 5 seconds.
- Now, the menu will pop up on the screen.
- You have an arrow on the left and right sides of the screen.
- Tap on the right arrow till you see the Reset or Factory Reset option on your screen. option on your screen.
- Now, press the select option.
- It will ask you if you are sure that you want to reset the device.
- Select the Yes option.
- The thermostat will begin to reset itself.
Reset Honeywell Lyric Round Thermostats
- Press and hold the weather button on the Lyric Round for about 5 seconds.
- The Menu button should be displayed on the screen.
- With the Menu button screen, you need to scroll down a bit.
- You will find the Factory Reset option.
- Select the OK button on the screen followed by Yes.
- The device will now begin to perform a factory reset on the Lyric Round thermostat.
Reset Honeywell Thermostats 7000 Series
- First, you will need to turn the power supply for this thermostat off.
- Now, you need to remove the thermostat from the wall bracket.
- Remove the back cover at the back of the thermostat and remove the dry cell batteries.
- Now, insert the batteries, but connect them in the opposite manner.
- Such that the positive terminals connect to the negative, and negative to the positive.
- Leave the batteries that way for at least 10 seconds or so.
- Now, reconnect the batteries correctly into the thermostat.
- The thermostat will power itself up and has performed a factory reset right away.
- Make sure to connect the power supply back to the thermostat as well.
Reset Honeywell Thermostats 6000 Series
- Press the Program button on the thermostat three times.
- Now, take a sim ejector tool or a safety pin and insert it into the reset hole on the right side of the thermostat.
- You will feel a small button inside. Press it and remove the pin or tool.
- The thermostat has now performed a reset, and you can begin with the setup process right away.
These are the different ways you can perform a factory reset on your Honeywell Thermostats effortlessly. The process is simple and easy. Sure, the methods are different for each thermostat are different, but they are super easy. If you have any questions or doubts regarding how to factory reset your Honeywell Thermostats, feel free to leave the queries in the comments section below.