Smart Home Devices have become an important part of one’s daily life. You have smart cameras, smart speakers, and even smart doorbells. All of these devices are connected to the internet which makes it easy for you to access them at any time and almost anywhere. The good part about smart home devices like cameras and doorbells is that it brings you relief and a sense of safety. How, well you will always access the live feeds from your smart cameras and doorbells, see who is visiting your house and who is loitering around. If you have the Ring Doorbell, then you know what I’m exactly talking about. Read on to know how to reconnect Ring Doorbell to WiFi network.
Why would you want to reconnect your Ring Doorbell to a Wi-Fi network? Well, there could be times when you might shift to a newer location or have changed your Wi-Fi network password, or altogether set up a new Wi-Fi connection at your place. It could be at times that your Wi-Fi connection could be weak, and you need to reconnect the doorbell to the network every so often.
Whatever the reason may be, it is always best to have the Ring Doorbell connected to your Wi-Fi network at all times- just for your peace of mind and safety. Read on to know how to reconnect the Ring Doorbell to a Wi-Fi Network.
Reconnect Ring Doorbell to Wi-Fi Network
- Launch the Ring app. You can get it on Android and iOS devices for free.
- Now, tap on the three-lined menus at the top left of the screen.
- In the menu, select the Devices option.
- You will see a list of your Ring devices. Select the doorbell that you wish to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select Device Help from the list of available options.
- Scroll and select the Change Wi-Fi Network option.
- Before you go ahead and do this, make sure that you are near your Ring doorbell. This is Important. (You could also remove the doorbell from its housing)
- Click on the Continue button on the app.
- Now, press the orange button at the back of the doorbell and press the continue button on the app.
- The ring doorbell will now show a spinning white light.
- The app will now ask you to choose the Wi-Fi network that you wish to be connected to.
- Select the Wi-Fi network of your choice.
- Here is where you will have to type in your Wi-Fi password.
- Now, the device will be in the process of connecting itself to the Wi-Fi network.
- A blue light will appear on the Ring doorbell.
- Within a few seconds, the Ring doorbell will now be connected to your Wi-Fi network and is ready for use right away.
Since most Ring Doorbells use the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, make sure your Wi-Fi network is set to 2,4 GHz. There are a few Ring Doorbells that work well with 5 GHz wifi networks. These are:
- Ring Video Doorbell 3
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
- Ring Video Doorbell Elite
And this is how you can reconnect the Ring Doorbell back to a Wi-Fi network, The setup is simple and very easy. The whole process should take you less than 5 minutes. This will also include the time that you take to remove and fix the doorbell back into its housing.
More Related Articles: