The Google Nest Mini is the second generation of smart home speakers. These are small smart speakers that can be activated and used by simply using voice commands. You can ask it to play music, set alarms, tell you the top stories and the latest weather details. For most of the functions to work perfectly, it’s required that the speaker is connected to the internet. In today’s guide, we will be taking a look at how to fix Google Nest Mini not connecting to WiFi.
We do have a number of devices that work and function properly when it’s connected to the internet. Now, when a device is not able to connect to the WiFi network, there are a few troubleshooting methods that need to be followed. This helps in identifying where the actual fault and issue is and if it’s your internet or the device itself that’s causing this problem. So, let’s take a look at different ways you can fix a Google Nest Mini not connecting to the WiFi network.
Ways to fix Google Nest Mini not connecting to WiFi network
Reboot Your Internet Router
The first and best measure is to restart or reboot the internet router. There could sometimes be issues either with your internet or your router. All you need to do is unplug the power source for the router and wait for a few minutes. After about 2 minutes or so, you can plug it back and let the Nest mini connect to it. If it’s connected, then the issue has been resolved. If not, then you need to check for issues in the Google Nest Mini.
Reboot your Google Home Mini
If you suspect that there is an issue with your Google Nest Mini, then it’s possible that due to a bug, the speaker might be refusing to connect to your Wifi network. All you need to do is disconnect the speaker from its power source and wait on it for a few minutes. After a while, connect it back to the power source. Now watch it connect to your Wifi network. There’s also another way that you can follow to reboot your Google Home Mini. Follow the steps below.
- Launch the Google Home app. It’s available for Android as well as iOS users for free if you haven’t downloaded it.
- Ensure that you are using the same Google account on the Nest Mini as well as the Google Home app.
- Now, on the home screen of the app, tap on the Google Nest Mini.
- Next, you’ll have to tap on Settings.
- On your right-hand side, tap on the three dots menu.
- Simply tap on Reboot. Your Google Nest Mini will reboot itself right away.
Check WiFi Channel
Newer routers will usually be outputting a 5Ghz wifi band. So, if your router emits the 5Ghz band, it’s probably why your Google Nest Mini refuses to connect to your network. Follow these steps to change the WiFi band.
- On your mobile device or PC, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now type in the IP address of your router. Make sure to be connected to the router’s WiFi network.
- The IP address is typically present at the back of the router.
- Once you’ve entered the router’s page, type in the username and password.
- Again, these details are present at the back of the router itself.
- Now that you are in the Admin page, select the Wireless Settings option.
- Under that, you’ll find the Channels option.
- Select it and make sure to enable the 2.4Ghz WiFi channel.
- Save the settings and now try to connect your Nest Mini to the network.
- It should now be able to connect to your Wifi network right away.
Factory Reset Google Nest Mini
If for some reason none of the solutions above-mentioned worked for you, performing a factory reset is a good measure. Follow these steps.
- First, make sure your Nest Mini is plugged into a power source.
- Now, switch the Microphone on the Nest Mini to off.
- The LED lights on your Nest Mini will now turn orange.
- Press and hold the center of the Google Nest Mini.
- The factory reset process will now begin on the Nest Mini.
- Keep holding the speaker for 10 more seconds. You will hear an audible alert indicating that the reset is currently taking place.
- You will again hear an audible alert. This time the reset has been completed, and you can now use the Google Home app to set up your Nest Mini right away.
- The Nest Mini should now be able to connect your wifi network right away.
These are the simple yet easy-to-follow troubleshooting methods that you can follow when your Google Nest Mini simply refuses to connect to your wifi network. Also, make sure that you have the correct wifi password for your Google Nest Mini. Because, if you changed or updated the password, you will need to reconnect your Nest Mini to the wifi network.
If for some reason, you still cannot get the device to connect to the network, then it’s possible that your Nest Mini has an issue with it and probably needs to be replaced or serviced.
More Related Articles: