Amazon has a range of various products that have helped create an ecosystem altogether. From Fire TVs to eReaders and even to Smart IoT devices. The Amazon Alexa range of smart speakers is the most popular one and can be found in almost every household. These are smart speakers that you can control by simply using your voice. A few voice commands, and you can get the Amazon Alexa smart speaker to function right away. The Alexa speaker has a ring on it that displays different colors. However, when it displays a red ring, it can mean a lot of things. So here is a guide on how to fix Alexa Red ring issue.
There could have been many times you might have noticed while using your Amazon Alexa speaker a red ring appears. Sometimes, the light stays on for a few minutes, or it can stay on for a long time. While this indicates an issue with the device, there could be many reasons why the speaker is showing a red ring. This guide will clearly explain to you why the red ring appears and what you should do in such a situation. Read on to know more.
How to fix Red Ring issue on Alexa
Here are some reasons along with a fix for the Amazon Alexa Red Ring issue. Let’s explore the reasons and solutions to fix the issue.
Reason 1: Microphone has been disabled
Now, to make the best use of the Alexa speaker, you need to communicate with it. And for it to understand what you are saying, its microphone needs to be enabled. But, if the microphone is disabled, then the device shows a red ring. You can enable the microphone on the speaker by pressing the microphone button on the top. Another reason the red ring shows up is that it acts as an indicator when you disable the microphone.
Reason 2: Weak Internet Connection
Now that the speaker also relies on an active internet connection to work flawlessly, a problem or issue with your internet connection can trigger the speaker to display the red ring. You can check if the issue is with your internet connection by connecting a device to the same network and seeing if it is working. If the internet does not work, it might be time to contact your ISP and get the internet connection solved. However, if the internet connection is perfect, then it could be any of the below issues.
Reason 3: Software Errors and Glitches
Just like all the electronics, there can be a few glitches and errors that might cause the device to not function properly. In the case of the Alexa speaker, it will show a red ring whenever there is such as in tissue. So, in case of a technical glitch or error, There are two things you can do. The first is to power the device off and then power it up back again. The second option is to check for updates. Luckily, you can do that using your mobile device.
- Launch the Alexa app. Make sure that it is the latest version available. The app is available on Android as well as iOS devices.
- With the app launched, click on the Settings option.
- Now, select your Alexa device and choose the device options menu.
- Finally, click on the About option.
- Here, you can check for updates as well as download and install them right away.
- If the update has been successfully installed, then the red ring on the speaker should no longer appear.
- However, if the red ring appears, it is time to perform a factory reset on the device.
Reason 4: Other Unknown Issues
Now, if all the above solutions didn’t work, and you still have the speaker display the red ring, it is time to perform a factory reset. Luckily, there are two ways you can use to perform a reset on the Alexa speaker.
- The first method requires grabbing a pin or the sim ejector tool.
- There will be a small reset button at the back of the speaker. Take the pin and push on the button lightly.
- The device will now be reset. You can use the Amazon Alexa app to set up the device.
- You can reset the device using the Alexa app for Android and iOS.
- Launch the app and make sure it’s running the latest version.
- Now, tap on the devices option.
- You will now have to choose the type of Alexa speaker that you wish to reset.
- Once you have selected the device type, tap on your device from the list.
- Now, you will see the details of your Alexei speaker.
- Scroll down a bit. There will be a Factory Reset option.
- Select it. The device will now begin the factory reset process.
- When it’s done, you can connect to it to do the one-time setup.
- In this way, you will no longer see the red ring on the Alexa speaker
And this is how you can solve the red ring issue on your Alexa speakers. Sure, it can take some time to figure out why the red ring is appearing. But, once you have figured it out, it is easy to solve the issue right away. Have any questions or know of another way to solve this issue? Feel free to leave them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: