WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms out there. It’s got all the bells and whistles that you want from a messaging app. It’s got good features, supports a number of platforms as well as has good enough security and privacy. One thing to like about WhatsApp is that it brings in interesting new features that are actually useful to a lot of people.
Today, we will be talking about a new feature that has made its way to WhatsApp. The feature in question is voice notes. Yes, voice notes have been around for a long time. But, what if we told you that you can easily add voice notes as your WhatsApp Status for everyone to see? If you are someone that would like to make use of this new feature, here’s a guide on how you can share a voice note as WhatsApp Status.
How to Post Voice Note as Status on WhatsApp
Now, the Status screen, also known as the WhatsApp Story screen by a lot of users, lets you add images, videos, and even simple texts as stories on WhatsApp. You can easily choose who can view your stories and also who cannot. With WhatsApp trying its best to keep its user base at the top, Meta has now introduced a feature where you can directly add voice notes as your WhatsApp status.
Adding a voice to your WhatsApp Status is simple and easy. Follow these steps.
- First off, make sure to install the latest available WhatsApp update on your Android or iOS device.
- Once you have installed the latest available update, launch the WhatsApp app.
- Now, tap on the Status tab.
- Once you are brought to the Status tab tap on the Pencil or Edit icon that you see on the screen. For Android the icon will be at the bottom right corner and for iOS the icon will be present at the top.
- You should now see a screen with some background color showing up.
- On the right, you will see a microphone icon.
- All you need to do is tap on it to start speaking.
- Once done, you can tap on the Send button.
- Before you set it as your Status, you can choose who can watch the voice note story and who cannot.
- And this is how you can easily set a voice note as your status on WhatsApp.
Looking at this new voice note story feature, you can expect a lot of creative voice note stories to be shared by the users. It will be interesting to see how many people will be using this feature and how many will not. One thing to note is that the duration of your voice notes if shared as a status will be limited to 30 seconds maximum. For unlimited voice notes duration, you can always send the voice note as a text to the person on the chat screen itself.
This concludes the guide on how you can share a voice note as a status on WhatsApp. This is a great feature, no doubt. But how many users will be making use of this could be a question that might be left unanswered. It will be interesting to see some new creative voice note stories being shared around by different users in the days to come.
If you have doubts or queries about sharing your voice notes as a status on WhatsApp, feel free to leave them below.