WhatsApp Avatars is the latest feature available on one of the most popular instant messaging app. And here’s how you can create and use WhatsApp Avatars on your Android and iPhone.
In today’s day and age, there are multiple ways that you use to express yourself on social media. Whether it’s by putting up a status update, a new profile picture or maybe even uploading a short video of yourself talking about something or simply going around with what’s trending or hot right now. One popular way of expressing yourself nowadays has to be the use of Avatars. Yes, avatars have been around for quite a long time and can now be seen picking up pace in the more social and meta-universe world.
The newest platform to get Avatars in 3D is WhatsApp. Yes, it’s no surprise that Meta’s WhatsApp would be the choice of platform for adding avatars. Hey, at least the Avatars here on WhatsApp look better than the selfie Mark Zuckerburg took on his metaverse platform. Anyways, without wasting any time, here is our guide on how you can create your Avatar on WhatsApp.
Now that this feature has begun rolling out to a number of users since the 7th of December, 2022, its now time to understand how you, as a WhatsApp user are able to create these simple yet fun avatars right away! Let’s get started.
How to Make WhatsApp Avatar on iPhone and Android
Now, before we begin on how you can create avatars on WhatsApp, make sure that you are running the latest and updated version of WhatsApp. Be it Android or iPhone, visit the app store on your device to install the latest version of WhatsApp. Once you have the latest version, you can follow these steps.
Note: Currently, the WhatsApp Avatars feature is available for Android users running on WhatsApp beta (v.220.127.116.11) and iPhone users running on the latest testflight (v.18.104.22.168). Sooner, it will be available for everyone. If you are in a hurry, then you can take a part in the beta program or download the latest version from APKMirror.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your device.
- On the main chat screen, tap on the three dots at the top right corner on the Android or Settings icon on iPhone.
- From the three-dot menu, tap on the Settings option.
- Now, with the Settings menu open, tap on Avatar.
- Tap on the green Creates your Avatar button.
- You will be required to now select a skin tone.
- Next, you can choose your gender as well as your hairstyle.
- You will also be able to choose the type of outfit you want to wear, followed by the body type, eyes, nose, mouth, and a number of various elements to make your avatar look exactly like yourself.
- Once all of that has been set up, tap on the Done button at the top right corner.
How to use WhatsApp Avatar as Profile Picture
Now that your Avatar has been created and completed, you will be to send and use the avatar as a sticker within your chats on WhatsApp. Here are the steps.
- Open the Settings menu of WhatsApp.
- Now, tap on Avatar.
- Here, you will see options to browse through various stickers that feature your Avatar.
- You can also tap on Create Profile Picture.
- This lets you set up the facial expression as well as the background color for your Avatar.
- If you don’t like the Avatar, you can simply tap on the Delete Avatar option that is in red text.
- This will delete the avatar that you just created in WhatsApp.
Here are some more screenshots of the new WhatsApp Avatars.
This concludes the guide on how you can create your Avatar on WhatsApp and also be able to set it as a profile picture. So, what do you think about the new Avatar feature on WhatsApp? Is it something that you would be making use of? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.