WhatsApp has improved a lot since its release. And in the last few months, it got many useful features like reacting to messages, sending big files up to 2GB in size, mute specific users in group calls, or send messages to specific users in group calls. And now WhatsApp is getting another feature which is to set specific contacts who can see your profile photo and last seen status.
If you ever wanted to hide profile pictures on WhatsApp from some specific contacts, then this is a useful update for you. Now you can do that the official way without having to use alternate methods.
Only about a couple of days, back WhatsApp got new features for group calls. And now WhatsApp has officially announced this new feature which is a privacy related feature. I know there are many users like me who would like to set up specific contacts who can see or who can not see the profile picture or my last seen info.
Note: To access new privacy features, you need to update your WhatsApp to the latest version. If mentioned features are not available on your phone, wait for a few days for a new update.
Show WhatsApp profile picture to Specific contacts on WhatsApp
Now coming to the part where we will discuss how new features will work. Let’s start with the feature to hide WhatsApp profile pictures for specific contacts.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Click on three dots on the right corner and select Settings.
- Now go to Account > Privacy.
- Look for the Profile photo and open it.
- Now under Who can see my Profile Photo choose ‘My Contacts Except’.
- Select all the contacts you want to exclude from seeing your profile photo.
- Once done tap on the right icon and it will update the Settings.
- That’s it, now the excluded contacts will no longer be able to see your WhatsApp profile photo.
Set Who can See About Info on WhatsApp
It is also a part of a new feature. It works the same way. But if you are not aware of how to access the About option here’s how to do it.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Go to Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Now go to About and select My contacts except.
- It will show you the contacts list, choose all the contacts to exclude from seeing your About info.
- Once done tap on the right icon on the bottom right and it will be updated.
Limit who can see Last Seen Info
The new feature is also available for Last Seen info. You won’t be able to see the Last Seen for contacts you will exclude.
- Open WhatsApp on your Phone and open Settings from three dots.
- Now in Settings, go to Account > Privacy.
- Under Privacy, select Last Seen.
- Now to limit who can see your Last Seen details, select ‘My contacts except’.
- Choose accounts you want to exclude and tap on the right icon.
So that’s all you need to do for applying new privacy settings. Now you no longer need to follow alternatives instead you can use the official feature. Let us know if you have been waiting for this update for a long time.