Are you wondering how you can play Xbox 360 games on PC? Well, your search for this question ends here as we have the perfect answer to your question. In this guide, you will know how to play Xbox 360 games on PC.
The gaming has evolved a lot in the past few years, most of the games are available for almost all the platforms including Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, Android, iOS, etc. But still there are some games like Red Dead Redemption which are not available for PC, but available for Xbox 360. So to run such games on PC you need a guide. And here is the guide if you want to play Xbox 360 games on PC.
There are a lot of Xbox 360 games that we can enjoy on our Windows PC. But you can not simply just download and play the game. You need a perfect emulator for running Xbox 360 games on PC for free. This is a step by step guide which will help you to easily understand how to play Xbox 360 games on PC. But first, you need Xbox 360 games that you want to Play on your PC. So check out the guide to download Xbox 360 games if you don’t have the game already.
How to Download Xbox 360 Games on PC
From Microsoft Store:
- Click on Start icon on Windows.
- Search for Microsoft Store and Open it, You can also open Microsoft Store from the all Apps section.
- In Microsoft Store, search for the Xbox 360 game you want to download.
- Download the game if it is available. You can also buy games if it is paid from the Store.
- That’s all now you have the game and now you can Play Xbox 360 on PC using the tutorial.
From Xbox Official Site:
- Go to the Xbox Official Site then select Xbox 360 games list (Direct Link).
- Select the Xbox 360 game from the list that you want to play.
- Make sure to login with your Microsoft account.
- The game will either be free or paid. So if it’s free then download it. And if it paid then buy the game.
- After buying the game you can download the game.
- Noy you can play it on PC using the tutorial given below.
If you already own Xbox 360 games CDs then you can extract the game manually to an external drive. This method is better than downloading an ISO file which has a lesser probability of running the game successfully on an Emulator.
How to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC
Once you have Xbox 360 games you can play these games on PC using an Xbox emulator. It’s not hard to find an Xbox emulator but you can not just go with any emulator, you need one which can give maximum performance and better user experience. We have tested a few emulators and found out the best Xbox emulator that you can use to play Xbox 360 games on PC.
Xenia is the best Xbox 360 emulator because of many reasons. First of all, it is very small in size under 10MB and it doesn’t require installation. Also, it doesn’t ask for permissions to play Xbox 360 games on PC. Xenia Xbox 360 emulator is a simple emulator and it is easy to use.
There is an interesting story behind the development of Xenia Emulators which you can read here. The emulator can now run almost all the popular Xbox 360 games on PC including Halo 3, Halo 4 (working but with lags). In a few months, the Xenia emulator will be able to run more games without lags including the Halo 4. Check out the guide below to download Xenia & play Xbox 360 games on PC and System Requirements.
Minimum System Requirements to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC
If you want to install any Software or Game you need to use the system which meets requirements of that Software or Game. Similarly, if you want to install Xenia Xbox 360 emulator and play games on it then you need to have a PC that fulfills the given requirements.
- Windows 7 or Higher
- 64-bit Processor supporting AVX
- Vulkan Compatible GPU or D3D12 compatible GPU
- 512 MB DDR3 RAM
How to Download Xenia Xbox 360 Emulator for PC
- Open Xenia official website. Avoid any other site as the file can contain malware.
- Go to the Download section.
- There you will see two options master (Vulkan) and d3d12 (D3D12). If your PC has Vulkan graphic subsystem then you can download master file otherwise download D3D12 (DirectX 12). I will prefer D3D12 over Vulkan.
- After downloading the file make sure to extract it using Winzip or another extractor.
- Open the extracted folder and there you can see the Xenia Emulator which you can directly run without installation.
After downloading the Xenia Emulator on your PC and Xbox 360 game. You are all set to play Xbox 360 games on PC. Follow the below method to know how to play Xbox 360 games on PC using Xenia Emulator.
Steps to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC using Xenia
- Extract the download Xenia folder and open it.
- Run the Xenia.exe file in the folder.
- The Xenia Xbox 360 emulator will now open.
- Visit the Xenia Compatibility page and search your game and see the compatibility Status. If there it shows Gameplay then the game will run fine on Xenia Emulator.
- Now you need to add Xbox 360 games on Xenia emulator. Click on File > Open and locate the Xbox 360 game file or you can directly drag and drop the Xbox 360 game.
- The selected game will now load with its loading animation. Sometimes it gets stuck during load if the file is corrupt, so make sure to use the working game files.
- After successful loading of the game, you can play the Xbox 360 game on your PC.
So this is how you can easily run Xbox 360 games on Windows PC without using any heavy software. Xenia also supports SNES games so that’s another advantage for the Xenia Emulator. It was all about the Xenia Xbox 360 Emulator but there are also some other emulators which support Xbox 360 games on PC.
Other Xbox 360 Emulators
- Xeon Emulator
- CXBX Emulator
- DXBX Emulator
- EX360E Xbox 360 Emulator
These are the few other Xbox Emulators that let users play Xbox games on their PC. But none of them supports all the games. And also you will find glitches and other flaws. In upcoming updates, we can expect to get a bug free experience.
List of Xbox 360 Games to Play on PC
Here are some popular Xbox 360 games that you can play on your PC. There are many games so you may only see some popular games on the list. But if you want to get full list then I will leave the link below after the list.
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Darksiders 2
- Diablo III
- Disney Universe
- DOOM II
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Demo
- Fallout 3
- F.E.A.R: First Encounter Assault Recon
- Forza Motorsport 4
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Halo 3
- Halo: Reach
- Just Cause
- Lost Planet 2
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
- Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005)
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
- Saints Row 2
- Sniper Elite V2
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3
- Spider Man: Edge Of Time
- Star Wars Battlefront III (Build 70217)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X 2
- More Games
More than a hundred Xbox 360 games are compatible with Xenia Xbox Emulator on PC. Enjoy if your favorite game is in the list but if now then wait for updates, it may run on next updates. The Xenia project is running and in the future, we can see lots of compatible games. At last, we will say Enjoy your favorite Xbox 360 game on PC.