The latest iOS 14.3 update is here with a bunch of improvements. And if you have updated your phone, then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to Jailbreak iOS 14.3 with Checkra1n method.
Jailbreak on iPhone is like the root access on Android phones. It brings a lot of advanced customization options. And now it is even better after the iOS 14 update. You can now easily create different home screen setups with refreshed icons and plenty of modules.
In our last how to guide, we shared how to Jailbreak iOS 14.2 for A11 or older chips. And you can Jailbreak the same iPhones even after upgrading to iOS 14.3. It means you can Jailbreak iPhone X or older iPhones running on iOS 14.3 with this guide.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.3
Here in this Jailbreak guide, we are going to use Checkra1n exploit. And this will only work on computers. It doesn’t support Windows so make sure you have a mac or linux.
Checkra1n is a popular exploit that allows users to Jailbreak without any survey or task. You have to just install Checkra1n and perform the given steps for Cydia.
List of supported iPhones:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
If you already have Jailbroken iPhone with iOS 14.2 update and planning to update to the iOS 14.3. Then it will remove the Jailbreak from your device. But you can Jailbreak again with the given method. We will split the guide in different sections for easier process. Also make sure to go through the list of requirements.
- Remove Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock from your iPhone
- It will work for iPhones with A11 or older chips
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device
- It requires macOS or Linux based PC
- You can also use this guide for iOS 14.2 & iOS 14.1
Install Checkra1n on macOS
- Download the Checkra1n 0.12.1 or newer on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded dmg file and then drag the Checkra1n to Application, and it will start installing. Replace the checkea1n if the older version is already installed.
- Before opening Checkra1n go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Now, in the General tab below, you will see about Checkra1n that it’s not from an identified developer. Click on Open Anyway.
- It will pop up a screen for confirmation, so click on Open.
- Now you can use the Checkra1n on your Mac.
The above instructions are for Mac. If you have a Linux, then you can easily install it like the other software.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.3 with Checkra1n
- Run the Checkra1n on your Mac or Linux.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, and the Checkra1n will detect your device. Don’t use the dock for connecting.
- And check if you are able to see your device in Finder. If it asks to trust the device then click on the ‘Trust’ button.
- You will see your device info on the Checkra1n. Click on Start to begin the Jailbreak process.
- If the Start button is greyed out then go to Options > select ‘Skip A11 BPR check’ (for A11 device only) & ‘Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions’ then try again step 4.
- On the next screen, click on Next, and your iPhone will boot into ‘Recovery mode’.
- Checkra1n will detect your phone in Recovery and provide instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Following the steps, click on Start, then press & hold Volume down+ Side buttons together. After about 4 seconds, release the Side button and keep holding Volume down.
- You can release the Volume Down button once it shows the blue progress bar in Checkra1n.
- Wait for the process and once all done, the iPhone will boot into the system.
- Now unlock your iPhone and you will find the Checkra1n app on your App menu. Open the Checkra1n App. Also, make sure to connect your iPhone to the internet.
- In the Checkra1n, you will see Cydia, click on it and then click ‘Install Cydia.’
- After installing Cydia, open it from the App menu, and then go to the Changes section and Upgrade all selected modules.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
Note: It is a semi-tethered method, so each time you boot your iPhone repeat the steps from opening Checkra1n on your macOS. You will not lose your data or customization through Cydia.
Once you have Cydia installed and working, it means you have successfully Jailbroken your iPhone. And now you can use various Cydia Modules for customizations and advance features.
As you know iOS comes with Widget, App drawer and many other features. You can use different modules to get most out of these features.
You May Also Like | 20 Awesome iOS 13 Jailbreak Tweaks You Should Try [iPhone & iPad]
So there you have it the complete guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.3 running iPhones. For more Jailbreak and iPhone guides, stay connected to YTECHB. And in case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.
4 thoughts on “How to Jailbreak iOS 14.3 with Checkra1n [Guide]”
Are all iOS 14 JB’s semi-tethered? I’m on A11/14.2 but I am willing to downgrade to get an un-tethered JB.
Hi, yes as for now all the available methods are semi tethered for iOS 14.
Also, we have to turn off Passcode Lock during install. But does it need to be turned off AFTER installing JB as well?
No need to turn it off after Jailbreak. You can use the passcode without any worries.