Apple has rolled out a new major update iOS 14.2 after the iOS 14 release. And within a week of its release Checkra1n tool is also available for the latest iOS update. It means you can Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad even if you are in the latest iOS 14.2 update. But there is a condition that it will work up to devices running A11 Bionic. Here you will know how to Jailbreak iOS 14.2 up to iPhone X.
With every update, Apple fixes their loopholes and it makes the Jailbreak process tougher. So if you like to Jailbreak your device, the key is to don’t upgrade to the latest version until there is a supported exploit to Jailbreak it. But in case if you have updated then this guide is for you. This guide will work for iPhones like iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, all the way up to iPhone X. So if you have an iPhone with A11 or lower chip then you can follow this guide to Jailbreak iOS 14.2.
There are two well-known exploits available for iPhones called Checkra1n and unc0ver. And one of these exploits always comes to rescue users who have upgraded their iPhones and want to Jailbreak your device. And for iOS 14.2, the Checkra1n exploit is available for iPhones with A11 or older chips. You can expect the Checkra1n upgrade in upcoming updates for the latest iPhones and iPads.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.2
Apple improves its security with each update and so the existing Jailbreak method doesn’t work in the update. Also, the Jailbreak process differs sometimes for exploit updates. So make sure to go through the steps carefully to Jailbreak iPhones with iOS 14.2.
Make sure to go through the list of requirements and then head to the steps.
- Remove Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock from your iPhone
- It will work for iPhones with A11 or older chips
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device
- It requires macOS or Linux based PC
- You can also use this guide for iOS 14.1
Install Checkra1n on macOS
- Download the Checkra1n 0.12.0 on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded dmg file and then drag the Checkra1n to Application, and it will start installing. Replace the checkea1n if the older version is already installed.
- Before opening Checkra1n go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Now, in the General tab below, you will see about Checkra1n that it’s not from an identified developer. Click on Open Anyway.
- It will pop up a screen for confirmation, so click on Open.
- Now you can use the Checkra1n on your Mac.
The above instructions are for Mac. If you have a Linux, then you can easily install it like the other software.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.2 with Checkra1n
We will be using the Checkra1n exploit for this method. If you have Jailbreak your iPhone before then you must be aware of the Checkra1n method. It is one of the best exploits that let you use Cydia which packs a lot of advanced features. Let’s now jump into the below guide.
- Run the Checkra1n on your Mac or Linux.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, and the Checkra1n will detect your device. Don’t use the dock for connecting.
- And check if you are able to see your device in Finder. If it asks to trust the device then click on the ‘Trust’ button.
- You will see your device info on the Checkra1n. Click on Start to begin the Jailbreak process.
- If the Start button is greyed out then go to Options > select ‘Skip A11 BPR check’ (for A11 device only) & ‘Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions’ then try again step 4.
- On the next screen, click on Next, and your iPhone will boot into ‘Recovery mode’.
- Checkra1n will detect your phone in Recovery and provide instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Following the steps, click on Start, then press & hold Volume down+ Side buttons together. After about 4 seconds, release the Side button and keep holding Volume down.
- You can release the Volume Down button once it shows the blue progress bar in Checkra1n.
- Wait for the process and once all done, the iPhone will boot into the system.
- Now unlock your iPhone and you will find the Checkra1n app on your App menu. Open the Checkra1n App. Also, make sure to connect your iPhone to the internet.
- In the Checkra1n, you will see Cydia, click on it and then click ‘Install Cydia.’
- After installing Cydia, open it from the App menu, and then go to the Changes section and Upgrade all selected modules.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
Note: It is a semi-tethered method, so each time you boot your iPhone repeat the steps from opening Checkra1n on your macOS. You will not lose your data or customization through Cydia.
Once you Jailbreak your device, you can use Cydia for various purposes. It is an advanced tool and contains tons of customization tools. And as you know the iOS 14 comes with Widget support and an App drawer. It means you can utilize the Cydia app for amazing customization on iPhones.
Once we find a suitable tool that works to Jailbreak the latest iPhones running the latest iOS. We will share new methods in our upcoming guides. So stay connected to YTECHB for more interesting guides.
You May Also Like | 20 Awesome iOS 13 Jailbreak Tweaks You Should Try [iPhone & iPad]
So there you have it the complete guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.2 running iPhones. For more Jailbreak and iPhone guides, stay connected to YTECHB. And in case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.