Themes are the easiest way to customize the device considering the features available on the device. Talking about OnePlus, the OEM introduced the theme store on its phones with OxygenOS 12. In case you didn’t know, the OnePlus Theme Store is similar to the Theme Store on Oppo and Realme phones. Here in this guide, we will share how to install themes on OnePlus phone and how to reapply the default theme.
The theme store on OnePlus is an inventory of Themes, Fonts, and Wallpapers. Well, the Wallpapers section is very small and that’s where you can consider our PhoneWalls app. Unlike the theme store on Xiaomi phones, it has mostly paid themes. But luckily there is a section dedicated to free themes, so it won’t take time to find free themes.
One of the best features of the Oneplus Theme Store is the categories section where you can find themes made for dedicated purposes like charging effects, live wallpapers, multiple wallpapers, colorful themes, and static and dynamic themes.
Install Themes on OnePlus Phones
Since the Theme Store is new on the OnePlus phone, many may not know how to use it. Also, some of its features are hard to find. So in that case this guide will help. Let’s jump into steps.
- Make sure you have updated your OnePlus phone to OxygenOS 12. And if the theme store is not present install it manually.
- Now open the theme store app.
- Allow if it asks for permission (only that is necessary).
- It will take you to the recommended section in the theme store.
- Browse for your favorite theme.
- Once you find your favorite theme, click on Apply. Unfortunately, there is no Install button which means you have to apply it to download.
- Once you hit apply, it will start downloading. And then it will automatically apply to your phone.
You can also access the theme store from Settings. And also you can apply any downloaded theme from Settings > Personalization > Themes. Choose the themes you want to apply. You will find all your downloaded themes under the My Themes section.
So you can access the theme store from two places either directly from the theme store app or from the Settings.
Reapply default theme
Now what to do if you want to get the default theme back. Well, you can reapply the stock theme from Theme Store or from Settings. Here I will share steps for reapplying the default theme from the Theme Store app.
- Open Theme Store app on your OnePlus phone.
- Switch to the Me section from the bottom right corner.
- Now under the Me section click on My resources which contains all your downloaded themes.
- You will also see your default/stock theme in the list.
- Simply click on Apply and boom your default theme is back.
The OnePlus Theme store is still new and requires many upgrades. We can see various features in the future that will make it comparable to MIUI Themes. Well, at least we can expect. If you are a OnePlus user and got the Android 12 update, let us know your favorite theme available on the theme store. That’s all on how to install Themes on OnePlus phones.