The day has finally arrived, Samsung has released the stable One UI 5 for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra. Android 13 based One UI 5 is available for the latest flagship series in multiple regions.
Samsung has already rolled out the update for many users on the first day of the phased rollout. In a phased or batch rollout, the update is gradually delivered to all eligible devices over a few days or a few weeks.
If you haven’t received One UI 5 on your Galaxy S22 phone, and you can’t wait for the OTA update, then you need to update your device manually. Here I am going to share two ways by following which you can get the latest One UI 5 update on your Galaxy S22 instantly.
How to update Galaxy S22 to One UI 5 [from Settings]
Sometimes the OTA update notification doesn’t work and hence you may not be alerted when the update arrives. So in that case you can manually check for the update and install it on your device. And if you are not getting OTA notifications, you can follow these steps to manually check for updates regularly.
- Make sure to connect your S22 to the Internet and free at least 5GB of space.
- Now go to Settings on your Phone.
- Then head to Software Update followed by Download and install.
- It will check for available updates.
- If the update is available for your device, it will show up.
- Now tap the Download button to download update file.
- After downloading it, you can Install the update. It will reboot automatically.
That’s it, you can now enjoy the latest One UI 5 on your Galaxy S22 series phones.
How to update Galaxy S22 to One UI 5 [manually by flashing firmware]
Now coming to the more assuring but tough guide. Flashing firmware instantly upgrades the device to the latest version without any wait time. So if you haven’t received the update on your device yet, and don’t want to wait any further, then this is the guide you need to follow.
Since this is a complex process make sure to take backup of your phone to avoid data loss if something goes wrong.
Download Android 13 based One UI 5 firmware
You will need firmware to flash it on your device. The firmware is different for different regions. So first download the latest One UI 5 based firmware on your PC. Make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware.
There are many ways to download Samsung firmware. But to get the full speed you can use the Samsung Firmware Downloader tool. You need to know the CSC code and device model number of the latest firmware. CSC is nothing but the region code.
You can follow this guide to download One UI 5 firmware.
Enter Galaxy S22 into Download Mode
- Download the Odin tool on your PC. Also install the latest Samsung drivers.
- Extract the downloaded Odin zip file and run Odin.exe.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S22. Connect one end of your USB cable to your PC.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Down buttons together. And while holding both keys, insert the other end of USB into your phone.
- Release both buttons when you see a Warning screen. Now press Volume Up button once and your Galaxy S22 will boot into Download Mode.
Flash Android 13 Firmware
- The Odin till will detect the device when the phone is connected in Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded firmware on your PC. You will find multiple files.
- Tap the AP button on Odin and load the AP file from the extracted folder.
- Follow the same process for BL and CP files. And in CSC load Home_CSC file (This is important otherwise you will lose all your data).
- Now after rechecking everything one more time, click the Start button.
- The firmware will now start flashing on your Phone. You will see the progress on the Odin tool and Download Mode as well.
- After successful flashing, you will see Pass message.
- Your phone will Auto Reboot to the system after flashing. If not then reboot manually by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for some time.
- Now you can enjoy the latest One UI 5 on your Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra.
So this is how you can flash the latest firmware to update your Galaxy S22 immediately. You can follow the same process for other Samsung Galaxy.
There are some other methods as well, like installing the OTA zip file from the stock recovery. But obtaining a correct OTA zip file is hard.
Now enjoy all the new features of One UI 5 on your Galaxy S22. This way you can also install other updates as well.
- What’s new in Galaxy S22 One UI 5 Update (Complete Changelog)
- One UI 5.0 Eligible Devices, Features, Release Date, and more
- One UI 5.0 Beta 3 for Galaxy S22 ships with new wallpapers (Download Now)
- How to Change Refresh Rate on Samsung Galaxy S22 series
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S22 (Ultra) and Unlock Bootloader