If you have always wanted a streaming service that gave you the benefits of watching your favorite shows, movies, and sports, it would have to be Disney Plus. Disney+ is a streaming service that lets you watch a good number of shows and content for a monthly subscription starting $8 or you could go with the annual plan of $110. The service lets you watch its content on a number of devices out there and, today we will be taking a look at how to watch Disney Plus on Hisense smart TV.
Hisense is a smart TV brand that has been producing smart TVs for consumers across various spectrums of the budget. No matter what your budget is, there will always be a Hisense smart TV. And, you can choose between getting a VIDAA OS, Android OS, or Roku OS powered smart TV. Given that you have a good number of options to choose from, the process to get the Disney+ app will be a bit different depending on the OS. But you can definitely get Disney Plus on Hisense TVs. So, here is a guide on how to get the Disney+ app on your Hisense smart TV.
Table of Contents
How to Download Disney Plus app on Hisense Smart TV [Compatible]
Now, there are three different ways you can follow depending on the OS of your Hisense smart TV. We will also show you a way that lets you stream Disney+ content if your Hisense TV doesn’t support the Disney Plus app.
Disney+ on Hisense Roku TV
If you have a Hisense Roku TV that is running on the latest available version of Roku OS, you can follow these steps to download the Disney+ app.
- Power up your Hisense Roku TV and connect it to the Internet.
- Now, press the Home button on the remote and select Streaming Channels.
- You can search for the Disney Plus Channel or simply browse through the channels till you find it.
- Select Disney+ when you find it by pressing the OK button on the remote.
- And finally, choose Add Channel. The Disney+ channel will now be added to your account on the Hisense Roku TV.
Disney+ on Hisense VIDAA OS TV
The Disney+ app is only supported on a number of Hisense TVs running VIDAA OS. If you have a Hisense VIDAA OS-powered smart TV from 2017 and it’s running VIDAA OS 2.5 or newer, you can watch Disney Plus on your Hisense smart TV. In this case, the Disney+ app will be present right on the home screen of your Hisense VIDAA OS TV. Simply navigate and select the Disney+ app to launch and stream your favorite content right away.
Disney+ on Hisense Android TV
Hisense also has a range of smart TVs running on Google’s Android TV OS. So, if you have a Hisense Android TV, this is how you can get Disney+ on the smart TV.
- Switch your Android TV on and have the TV remote with you. Also, make sure that the TV is connected to a WiFi network.
- On the home screen of your TV, use the remote to navigate and select the Apps option.
- Launch the Google Play Store app and select the search bar at the top.
- Type in Disney+ and select the app from the results that are displayed.
- Now, select install.
- The app will now download to your TV and you can stream Disney+ right away on your Hisense Android TV.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Unsupported Hisense Smart TVs
If you have an older Hisense smart TV that has no support for the Disney+ app, you can follow the three different methods that we have listed below.
Connect Streaming Sticks or Streaming Boxes
No matter what OS your TV is running or how old it is, a streaming stick is a great way to get access to the latest apps and services for a minimal cost. There are devices such as the Apple TV, Roku Streaming Stick, Amazon FireStick, or Google Chromecast. When you purchase any one of the above-mentioned devices, simply connect it to your TV’s HDMI input port and have it powered from a power source.
Since such devices are always updated to their latest software versions and have support for the Disney+ app, you can download and watch your favorite shows and movies right away.
Cast Disney+ from your Mobile Device
The second way to watch Disney+ on your unsupported Hisense smart TV is by simply using the wireless cast option. This is the best way to watch content on your TV if your TV is not supported or even if the app isn’t available on your TV’s app store. While this feature works perfectly on any Android device, in the case of an iOS device, your TV needs to have Apple AirPlay 2 support. Or else, download an app on your TV that casts your iOS device to the Hisense TV.
- Connect your mobile device and your Hisense TV to the same WiFi network.
- Now, download the Disney+ app on your Android or iOS device. It’s free to download.
- Launch the app on your device and sign in with your account details.
- Simply select the movie or TV show that you want to watch.
- Tap on the cast icon or the Apple AirPlay icon at the top of the app.
- Your device will begin to search for a wireless display connected to the same WiFi network.
- When you find your TV, select it. You should now be able to watch your Disney+ content on your unsupported Hisense TV.
Cast from PC
Another way to watch Disney Plus on your Hisense TV that doesn’t support the Disney Plus app is by using your PC to cast Disney Plus to your TV. You can follow these steps to make this possible.
- Connect your PC and Hisense TV to the same wifi network.
- Now, launch Google Chrome on your PC. Log into the Disney Plus website.
- In Google Chrome, click on the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- Choose More followed by Cast.
- The browser will now search for wireless displays connected to the same wifi network. When you spot your Hisense TV, select it.
- You can now cast Disney Plus from your PC to the Hisense TV right away.
Use HDMI Cable
If you have a PC at your home and a HDMI cable, then you can use them to enjoy Disney+ on your Hisense TV. You may think why you want to play Disney+ on your TV, if you have PC. Well because there are high chances that your TV Display is bigger, better pictures and even better resolution.
All you need to do is open Disney+ on your PC and then connect your PC to your Hisense TV using a high quality HDMI cable. Once you connect both devices, select the correct HDMI port on your TV and Disney+ content will appear on your TV right away. To control the content from long distance you can use Wireless mouse.
This is a convenient method if you own a PC and HDMI cable.
Use your Gaming Console
If you are someone that has an Xbox or a PlayStation console connected to your Hisense TV, then watching Disney Plus is super simple and easy. All you need to do is download the Disney+ app on your gaming console and simply log in to stream your favorite TV shows and movies. You do not have to worry about your Hisense smart TV supporting the app or not or for that matter what OS it is running on.
Watch Disney Plus via SharePlay on A Hisense TV
While you can easily use an Apple TV plugin for your Hisense TV to watch Disney Plus, did you know that you and many other friends who have Apple TV can now watch Disney Plus using SharePlay? Yes, provided that you have an Apple TV connected to your Hisense TV, you can easily make use of SharePlay. Here are the steps.
- First, make sure your Apple TV plugged into your Hisense TV. Now, connect your Apple TV to your Wifi network.
- Grab the TV remote for your Apple TV and press and hold the Control Center button to open up the Control Center.
- Choose the user at the top of the Control Center. Then select the SharePlay tile.
- Finally, choose the Start on Apple TV option.
- You will have to confirm the pop-up message on your iPhone or Apple iPad.
- During this session, you and your friends can easily watch Disney Plus this way. This works if you have an iPhone and an Apple TV box with you.
And this is how you can watch Disney Plus on your Hisense Smart TV. Whether the app is supported or not by your smart TV, there are ways that you can follow to stream its content right away. All of the methods are simple and very easy. In fact, these methods can be used for almost any other app that you plan to stream on your Hisense smart TV. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.