Roku TV is one of the most popular and cheapest ways to access content on your TV right away. The Channel Store on Roku has a ton of channels that you can install and watch right away without any problems. Sure there are free ones as well as paid ones. One of the best and easiest ways to watch a ton of channels on Roku is by using the YouTube TV app. YouTube TV has a monthly fee of $64.99 that lets you watch a ton of sports networks, main channels, and it has no annual pricing. If you are someone that watches YouTube TV on Roku and has issues with it, read on to know more.
For a while, there have been issues between Google And Roku regarding their agreements and things haven’t gone well between them Now, the issues with YouTube TV not working on Roku TV have nothing to do with the dispute. There are some other reasons why it may not be working. So let’s take a look at how to fix the YouTube TV app not working on Roku TV
Fix YouTube TV app not working on Roku TV
Cast YouTube TV app
Eventually, the YouTube app will also cease to exist on the Roku Channel Store starting December 8. So, in this case, having an outdated YouTube channel on your Roku TV might just make sense. Until Roku and Google agree, the YouTube app will cease to exist after said date. Now, just because the channel won’t be there doesn’t mean you can no longer watch it on the big screen. You can, however, download the YouTube TV app on your Android or iOS device and then cast it to your Roku TV. You can refer to this guide on how to cast to a Roku TV using your Android or iOS device.
Check for Updates
Most of the time a channel might not be functioning properly because of some bugs. So the best thing you can do is to check for updates. Thankfully checking for updates on the Roku TV is simple and easy. Follow these steps.
- Grab the Roku remote and press the Home button on it.
- Scroll and select the Settings option.
- With the Settings page open, highlight the System option.
- Under System simply highlight and select System Update.
- It will now look around check for any system software updates as well as channels updates if any.
- Any updates found will be downloaded and installed right away.
Restart Roku TV
Sometimes, you might face the app responding slowly or being unresponsive even after installing the updates. The best thing to do now is to simply unplug and reconnect the Roku TV to its power source. Once the device has been powered back and connected to the internet, open up the YouTube TV channel and test it. It should be working just fine.
Uninstall YouTube TV Channel
Now, with Google already having pulled the YouTube TV Channel off the Roku Channel Store, you obviously cannot reinstall the YouTube TV Channel. If you wish to remove the YouTube TV Channel from your Roku TV, here is a guide that will show you four ways to remove a channel from your Roku TV, Instead, you can make use of the YouTube channel that is still available for you to install on your Roku TV.
There are three ways you can follow to add a channel to your Roku TV.
1st – Via the Web
- You can add a channel to your Roku TV using your PC or even mobile device easily.
- First head over to channelstore.roku.com.
- Sign in with your Roku account credentials.
- Now, scroll through the list or use the search bar to look for the YouTube channel.
- When you find the app, simply click on the Add Channel button.
- The channel will now be added o your devices that are signed in with the same Roku account.
2nd – Via Roku TV
- Press the Home button on the remote and select the Streaming Channels option.
- This will open up the Roku Channel Store.
- Simply navigate to the search bar and type on YouTube.
- You will get the channel in results. Select the channel now.
- Select the Add Channel button. The channel will now be downloaded and is available on your Roku TV.
3rd – Via the Mobile App
- Get the Roku app. It is free on Android and iOS devices.
- Launch the app and select the Channels icon.
- Under Channels, you need to tap on Channel Store.
- Now, search for YouTube and select it from the search results.
- Simply tap on the button that says Add Channel.
- You might have to enter a PIN if you have set it up when someone adds a channel.
- Once you have done that, simply head to your Roku TV and search for system updates.
- The channel will be downloaded and should now appear on your Roku TV for easy access.
So there you have it, A few methods you can follow that will help you in resolving the YouTube TV Channel not working on Roku TV. Sure these might not be the best and perfect solutions, but this is all you can do now. Also, Roku is looking out for a fix to get these issues resolved right away.
More Related to Roku –