YouTube is a super popular platform that everyone uses to watch their favorite content. Whether it’s TV shows, infotainment videos, tutorials, or even music for that matter. Now there are tons of videos available for you to pick and watch from. However, it is also possible that there could be many videos regarding a certain topic, and it can either be important or it could be repetitive.
YouTube lets users create various customized playlists or even have their own playlists made for music. Sometimes, you would even see playlists created by the YouTube channel themselves if it has something to do tutorials and the kind. While you are able to see how many videos are in the playlist, it simply doesn’t show you the duration of the entire playlist. So, today, we will be taking a look at how to determine the length of a YouTube playlist.
Many platforms let you create a playlist. And if you are someone that uses Apple Music or even Spotify for that matter, the playlist shows you the duration as well as the total number of songs. However, YouTube has, for some reason not bothered to really include the duration of the playlist. Would it make a big difference if they actually added the feature? Well, yes sometimes there are people who would be listening to music while on a journey or probably might even want to know how long a particular playlist filled with various tutorials might be. Let’s take a look at how you can determine the length of a YouTube playlist.
Determine the Length of YouTube Playlist
There are different ways you can follow to get YouTube to display the duration of your playlist. It sure is a shame that such data isn’t displayed by YouTube itself. However, thanks to a few tools, you can now be able to determine the total playlist duration on YouTube.
The first method is to make use of a website like the YouTube Playlist Length Analyzer Tool. This is a simple and easy-to-use website that displays all the details of any playlist in a neat and organized manner. Here are the steps.
- First, open up YouTube on your web browser and search for your favorite playlist.
- Now, open up another tab in your web browser and visit the YouTube Playlist Length Analyzer Tool website.
- The web page will now open.
- You will see a search bar and a button that says Get Length.
- Simply copy the link to the YouTube playlist and paste it into the YouTube Playlist Analyzer Tool.
- With the link pasted, click on the Get Length button.
- The result will now be displayed right away.
- It will show you the number of videos, the total duration of the whole playlist, and also the average duration of each video.
- Additionally, you will also be seeing the total duration of the playlist based on the playback speeds at 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, or 2.00.
The second method is an even better solution and, frankly speaking, this is more useful. It’s basically a web browser extension that you can simply add, and it will show you the duration of the playlist right away. Here is how you can add it.
- If on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, visit the Chrome Web Store, and if on Firefox, visit the Mozilla Add-ons page.
- Now, simply search for the YouTube Playlist Duration Calculator.
- Google Chrome users can install this extension.
- Once the extension is added, open YouTube and launch a Playlist.
- You will be able to see the playlist duration in the playlist page.
- Mozilla Firefox users can search YouTube Playlist Duration Calculator and install this extension.
- When the extension has been added, it will display the total duration of the playlist, right under the playlist title.
And this is how you can determine the duration of a playlist on YouTube. Now, thankfully the extensions are simple and quite useful. No additional setup or copying and pasting are needed. Simply download, enable, and you are good to go. We really hope that YouTube actually thinks about this and eventually adds this as a feature within YouTube for people who are super conscious about the length of their YouTube playlist.