When it comes to gaming on consoles, the PS5, and the Xbox series X|S comes to mind. Sure, both consoles are equally great and they both share the good and the bad sides. While the Xbox has always had its share of apps available for use most of the time, it’s the PS5 that’s slowly getting app support. We are talking about Apple Music being finally available for the PlayStation 5. Let’s take a look at how to get Apple Music on PlayStation 5.
Imagine a scenario where none of your friends are available to hop on a game with you on a particular day. So you simply pick up a game and play by yourself. Sure you could fire up Spotify and enjoy the tracks there, but now, you can finally enjoy the playlists that you have created on Apple Music. You can even listen to various podcasts and even Apple Music exclusive radio shows. Read on to know how to install Apple Music on your PlayStation 5 console.
How to Install Apple Music on PlayStation 5
PlayStation 5 owners now finally have a choice to choose between listening to Spotify Music or Apple Music. If you are someone that loves Apple Music and already has an active subscription to the service, it’s finally time for you to get the app. Follow these steps to get the app on your PS5.
- First things first, power up your PlayStation 5 and connect it to the WiFi network.
- Make sure that your PS5 is running the latest software updates.
- Now, on your PS5 home screen, select the All Apps option.
- The App Store will now open.
- You can search or select the Apple Music app right away.
- Select the download option. The app will download and will take time, based on your Internet speeds.
- Once the app has been downloaded, exit out of the app store.
- Now, on your home screen navigate and launch the Apple Music app.
- You will be asked to sign in or create a new account.
- Once logged in, you can begin to enjoy your ad-free experience on Apple Music.
- The app is available for the PlayStation 5. PS4 owners won’t be able to enjoy the greatness of Apple Music.
- You can stream music while you are playing any game.
- It is best to have a subscription for Apple Music as the service does not provide you with a free plan of any sort.
- It is suggested that you renew your Apple Music plans using a mobile device or a computer.
This is how you can install and enjoy Apple Music services on your brand new PlayStation 5. The app is free to download and the plans will cost you $9.99 a month or $99 for a yearly subscription plan. You can sit back and relax to popular radio shows or Apple Music exclusives on your PS5 while having a good time playing games.