We live in a world where almost all our electronics are connected to the internet. Being able to do this makes your device a bit smarter. With Television, the same can be said. As soon as you have it connected to the internet, your TV opens up the portal to various streaming services. Quite useful if you no longer use a cable network since you can now watch a ton of free content that is available. If you are someone who has just cut the cord and wants to know how to connect Samsung Smart TV to Internet (both WiFi and Ethernet), read on to know how.
There are a lot of free and paid streaming services that you can take advantage of. From news channels to sports to movies and series, you have it all. There is an app for the majority of streaming services out there. Apart from that, you could even use your mobile as a TV remote when the TV and phone are connected to the same WiFi network. Looking at how WiFi has brought about a lot of importance and the need to stay connected, let’s take a look at how to connect Samsung Smart TV to WiFi network.
How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to Internet
There are two ways that you can use to connect the smart TV to the internet. You can use either a Wire connection or wireless network to connect to the internet.
How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to Internet via WiFi
All of the Samsung smart TV models let you connect to the internet through WiFi that is built into the TV. It’s simple and easy to use
- Power up your Samsung Smart TV.
- Take your Samsung remote and press the Home button.
- This should now bring up the Smart Hub menu on your screen.
- Select the Settings option that is at the left corner of the Smart Hub menu.
- With the Settings menu opened, you will need to scroll down to General.
- Under the General sub-menu scroll and select the Network Settings option.
- Now, select Wireless. Your TV will display a list of various wireless networks that are currently available.
- Using the navigation keys, scroll and select your WiFi network.
- Type in the password using the on-screen keyboard and then click on OK.
The steps to connect your Samsung Smart TV to WiFi is the same for the majority of the models old and new. In the case where your TV doesn’t have the Smart Hub, you can simply press the Menu button on your remote and access the Wireless Network settings. Another important point to note is that older TVs will work fine with 2.4 GHz networks rather than the newer 5 GHz ones. So, make sure that you have 2,4 GHz wireless enabled on your router.
How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to Internet via Ethernet
If you have an ethernet cable, then you can make use of it to connect the smart TV to the internet.
- Connect the cable to the port at the back or side panel of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now, press the Home button and select the Settings menu from the Smart Hub.
- Under Settings, navigate to General followed by Network Settings.
- Next, you will want to select the Wired option.
- If your LAN connection is active, the TV will detect it right away.
- Simply press the OK button and you are now connected to the internet on your Smart TV.
This is how you can connect your Samsung smart Tv to the internet. These are the two simple ways you can follow. Now that your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet, what are the things that you will be using it for? Let us know about it in the comments below.
More Related Articles: