A lot of people purchase Google products for a lot of reasons. First off, the quality and the functioning of the product. And second, the ease to set it up and get it running right away. Google devices and products work better with Android devices simply because of the ecosystem that it creates with the devices. If you got a new Google Nest or Google Home Speaker and want to set it up. You are in the right place, here’s a guide on how to connect Google Nest Speaker to WiFi Network.
Google’s range of Nest smart speakers requires it to be connected to the internet so that it can make use of Google Assistant to respond to the user’s voice queries and commands as well as to stream music on Spotify. You can easily connect your smart speaker to a WiFi network and do whatever you want.
Now, Google has released a good number of Nest smart speakers. In today’s guide on how you can connect your Nest smart speaker to the wifi network, these are the devices that the steps will be applicable:
- Google Home
- Google Home Max
- Google Home Mini (1st gen)
- Google Nest Audio
- Google Nest Hub
- Google Nest Hub Max
- Google Nest Mini (2nd gen)
Let’s dive right into the methods.
How to Connect Google Nest to WiFi Network
The steps that have been mentioned below can be followed if you’re setting up a new Nest speaker to the WiFi Network or if the Nest speaker has lost connection to the WiFi network. The steps need to be followed if you have got a new WiFi network or even if you have changed the name or password of your WiFi network.
- First things first, make sure that your Google Nest speaker is plugged into the power source and powered on.
- Download the Google Home app. This is a free app that you can download for free on your Android or iPhone.
- Now, launch the app and sign into it with your Google account.
- Tap the Add+ icon at the top left corner of the app.
- Now, choose the Set up Device option.
- Finally, tap on New Device, once selected, you will hear a confirmation sound from the speaker.
- Once the app detects the Nest speaker, you will be asked to choose the WiFi network.
- Select your WiFi network and enter the password (make sure your phone is also connected to the same WiFi network).
- The Google Nest smart speaker will now be connected to the internet right away.
Forget WiFi Network Google Nest Speakers
If you plan to change your wifi network or simply no longer want to use a wifi network that your Google Nest speakers connect to automatically, you can easily make the speaker forget the network. Here is how you can do that.
- Launch the Google Home app on your Android and iPhone.
- Tap and hold on to your particular speaker’s tile.
- Now, tap on Settings at the top corner.
- Choose Device Information.
- You should now see the WiFi option. Tap on the Forget option.
- The Google Nest speaker will now forget the WiFi network, now you can change the network or connect to the same again.
- That’s it.
This concludes the guide on how you can connect to a WiFi network and at the same time forget a WiFI network on your Google Nest smart speaker. Since these are smart speakers, you can leave your speaker connected to the internet at all times.
In case of any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.