Smart home devices are easy to use and simple. There are so many devices out there that will simply work well when you have it connected to a WiFi network and your mobile device or a smart voice assistant. Smart Assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa can be used as a medium to control and manage a lot of your smart devices. One of the most popular smart devices out there will have to be smart bulbs. They are simple to install, connect and control.
A lot of people have been using smart bulbs for their homes simply because you can change the color of light, adjust the brightness., set up schedules, and even make the bulb sync to the music. While all of that can be done with the app that comes with the bulb, a lot of these bulbs can be controlled by your voice via Alexa. In this guide, we will be looking at the various Alexa light commands you need to be using with Alexa to control your smart bulbs.
Now, let’s take a look at the list of Alexa commands that you can use with different smart bulbs including Philips Hue, C by GE, Goove, Sengled, Nanoleaf, Wiz, Wyze, TP-Link, and more. Most of the commands should usually work the same no matter what the brand of the bulb is.
Alexa Philips Hue Light Commands
Basic Light Commands
- Brighten the lights in the living room to 100%.
- Dim the entryway light by 20%.
- Dim the lights.
- Find all my Hue lights.
- Lower the desk lamp, please.
- Make my kitchen brighter.
- Turn down the bedroom light to 50%.
- Turn off all the lights.
- Turn on the living room light.
Color Commands for Philips Hue
- Make my lights warmer.
- Make my lights whiter.
- Make the lights bluer.
- Set my bedside table to gold.
- Set the family room lights to magenta.
- Turn my kitchen lights red.
Light Scene and Recipe Commands
- Set Concentrate at the dining room table.
- Set the kitchen light to Energize.
- Set the lights in the den to Relax.
- Turn off Arctic Aurora in the bedroom.
- Turn on Ibiza in the living room.
- Turn on Read in the study.
- Turn on Tropical Twilight in the dining room.
Hue Sync Box Commands
- Alexa, brighten sync box.
- Alexa, dim sync box.
- Alexa, set sync box to game.
- Alexa, set sync box to high.
- Alexa, set sync box to moderate.
- Alexa, set sync box to music.
- Alexa, set sync box to PlayStation 4
- Alexa, set sync box to start.
- Alexa, set sync box to stop.
- Alexa, set sync box to subtle.
- Alexa, set sync box to video.
- Alexa, turn off sync box.
- Alexa, turn on sync box.
Alexa Light Commands for TP-Link Smart Bulbs (Kasa Smart Plugs)
- Alexa set Hallway Bulb to Red.
- Alexa, /brighten the bedroom Dimmer
- Alexa, dim the Bedroom Dimmer
- Alexa, find devices.
- Alexa, turn Kasa scene on
- Alexa, turn off Hall Bulb
- Alexa, turn on Hall Bulb
- Alexa, turn on Kasa scene
Supported Color Names for TP-Link Smart Bulbs
- Sky Blue
Alexa Light Commands for Lutron, Wink, Belkin Wemo, and Insteon
- Turn all lights on: “Alexa, turn my lights on.”
- Dim all lights in home: “Alexa dim my lights to 25%.”
- Turn on a specific scene (based on how you named the scene): “Alexa, turn on Entertain.”
- Dim a specific light (Dining room): “Alexa, dim dining room light by 50%.”
- Set a specific light to a specific level (Bedroom): “Alexa, set Bedroom light to 40%”
- Turn on the lights
- Dim the chandelier
- Alexa, set the brightness of the bedroom lights to 50%
- Alexa, turn on (kitchen light)
- Alexa, turn off (bedroom lamp)
- Alexa, make the living room lights red
- Alexa, turn the lights to soft white
- Open Shade: “Alexa, open Bedroom shade.”
- Close Shade: “Alexa, close Bedroom Shade.”
- Set shade to a specific limit: “Alexa, set the Living Room shade to 50%”
Alexa Light Commands for KNX, Loxone, and Gira
- Alexa, turn on/off light
- Alexa, turn light on/off
- Alexa, set on/off light
- Alexa, set light on/off
- Alexa, set light to 50%
- Alexa, decrease light
- Alexa, dim light
- Alexa, brighten light
- Alexa, increase light
- Alexa, dim/brighten by 50%
- Alexa, increase/decrease by 50%
- Alexa, set light to red color
- Alexa, turn light to white
- Alexa, change light to white shade
Alexa Light Commands for Goove
- Alexa, set bedroom light to 10%
- Alexa, turn on/off bedroom light
- Alexa, dim/brighten bedroom light
- Alexa, increase/decrease bedroom light
- Alexa, set the bedroom light to red
- Alexa, change the bedroom light to the color blue
Alexa Light Commands for Wiz
- Turn on a light
- Turn on a group of lights
- Turn on all lights in a room
- Turn off a light
- Turn off a group of lights
- Turn off all lights in a room
- Set a light’s brightness
- Dim a room
- Turn on a scene
- Set a light’s color
- Set a group’s color
- Set a room’s color
- Set a light’s color temperature
- Set a group’s color temperature
- Set a room’s color temperature
Alexa Commands for GE Cync Lighting Smart Bulbs (Cync Bulbs)
- Alexa, activate Goodbye Scene
- Alexa, begin Morning Scene
- Alexa, dim lights to 50%
- Alexa, make lights brighter.
- Alexa, make lights dimmer.
- Alexa, set lights to 25%.
- Alexa, set lights to candlelight.
- Alexa, set lights to soft white
- Alexa, set lights to white.
- Alexa, set Living Room] to reveal.
- Alexa, start Goodnight Scene
Alexa Commands for NanoLeaf Smart Bulbs
- Alexa, turn on the lights
- Alexa, turn off the lights
- Alexa brighten the light
- Alexa dim the light
- Alexa, set brightness of light to 50 percent (works for all integers to 0 to 100)
- Alexa, set bulb to Blue
- Alexa, turn on (scene name)
Alexa Sengled Light Commands
- Alexa, set the bedroom light to 20 percent
- Alexa, set the living room lights to 20 percent
- Alexa, turn off the bedroom lights
- Alexa, set the dining room light to cool white
- Alexa, set the basement light to purple (other colors: Warm White, Soft White, White, Daylight White, Cool White)
- Alexa, set Tall Lamp to magenta
- Alexa, set Living Room to blue
- Alexa, set the living room to movie night
Alexa Commands for Fiet Smart Bulbs
- Alexa, change the Garden Bulb to the color yellow
- Alexa, change the Kitchen Bulb to cool white
- Alexa, dim Garden bulb
- Alexa, increase Bathroom 2 Bulb
- Alexa, make the Basement Bulb warm white
- Alexa, set Garage Bulb to 50% brightness
- Alexa, set the Driveway Bulb to daylight
- Alexa, set the Garage Bulb light to blue
- Alexa, set Verandah Bulb to 45%
- Alexa, turn Loft on
Alexa Commands for OSRAM Smart Bulbs
- Alexa set my Front Yard Bulb to green
- Alexa, brighten the Garage Floor Bulbs to 80 percent
- Alexa, brighten the Hall Chandelier
- Alexa, dim the Drawing Room Lamps to 40 percent
- Alexa, dim the Hall Chandelier
- Alexa, set the Hall Chandelier to 50 percent
- Alexa, turn off my Corridor 1 Bulb
- Alexa, turn on Dusk Scene in Mini Garden
- Alexa, turn on Dinner Mode
- Alexa, turn on my Reading Lamp
These are the basic Alexa light commands that you can use to control your smart bulbs using the Amazon Alexa voice assistant. Of course, you can mix and match your commands to try out and see the results for yourself. Now, as seen from the commands above, most of the bulbs out there have similar types of Alexa commands. Based on what features your smart bulb has, you will be able to dim, brighten, adjust groups and even create scenes right away with your bubs via Amazon Alexa.