Bluetooth speakers come in different shapes, sizes, and price tags. A lot of people generally use Bluetooth speakers to listen to white favorite songs either at home, in the car, or maybe outside on private property. Now, what do you do with a smart speaker that you have lying at home? Apart from giving it commands and asking it to do things, do you know that you can use the smart speaker as a Bluetooth speaker? Yes, you can do it!
If you are someone that has Amazon’s Alexa Echo range of smart speakers at home, you can turn it into a Bluetooth speaker. Wondering how that is possible with an Alexa smart speaker? You’ve come to the right place! Here is our guide on how you can use the Alexa Echo Smart Speaker as a Bluetooth Speaker for your home.
Table of Contents
How to use Alexa Echo as Bluetooth Speaker
Now let’s take a look at how you can use the Alexa Echo smart speaker as a Bluetooth speaker. But before that, here are a few things that you will need to go ahead with the process.
- Amazon Echo App
- Android or iPhone
- Alexa Echo Smart Speaker
How to Setup Alexa Echo as Bluetooth Speaker
Here are the steps that you need to follow if you want o turn your Alexa Echo smart speaker into a Bluetooth speaker to play your own songs and podcasts.
- First off, download the Amazon Alexa app for your Android or iPhone.
- Launch the app and sign into the app with the Amazon account that you used to program your Alexa smart speaker.
- Switch on the Alexa speaker and let it automatically connect to the internet.
- Launch the Alexa app and tap on the Devices option.
- Next, tap on Echo and Alexa. You should now see your Alexa speaker. Tap on your speaker’s name.
- Now, scroll down till you see the Bluetooth Connections option.
- Finally, tap on Connect a Device.
- Enable Bluetooth on your Android or iPhone and search for Bluetooth devices.
- From the list of Bluetooth devices, you should see your Alexa Echo speaker. Tap on it.
- And this is how you can make use of the Alexa speaker as your Bluetooth speaker to play whatever audio you like.
Alternatively, you can simply use the voice command “Alexa Pair” to let the speaker turn on its Bluetooth. Once that is done, you can search for the device using your mobile device and connect to the speaker right away.
How to use Alexa Echo to Connect to Other Bluetooth Devices
Did you know that you can also make use of the Alexa smart speaker to connect to other Bluetooth devices? Whether you have Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth headphones, or even Bluetooth wireless earbuds you can let the smart speaker pair to these devices. Here are the steps.
- First, you need to power up the other Bluetooth speaker, headphones, or earbuds and put them in the aspiring mode.
- Make sure no other device connects to them automatically during this time.
- Now, open the Alexa app on your mobile phone. Ensure that your Alexa speaker is powered on and connected to the internet.
- Tap on the Devices tab in the app followed by Echo and Alexa.
- Select your Echo smart speaker displayed on the screen.
- Head over to Bluetooth Connections and then tap on Connect a Device.
- Your Bluetooth device be it the headphones, speaker or even the earbuds should show up in the list.
- Tap on your device to pair them with each other.
- You can now use your Alexa Echo with your other Bluetooth speaker, headphones, or earbuds right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can make use of the Alexa Echo smart speaker as a Bluetooth speaker. If you are ever tired of using the Alexa speaker for issuing voice commands, you can always use it as a regular Bluetooth speaker. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- Alexa Light Commands you can use to control your Smart Home Bulbs
- Alexa Music Commands Everyone Should use to Control Music Playback
- How to put Alexa Echo Dot in Pairing Mode [with and without App]
- How to use Alexa as Speaker for TV, PlayStation, and Xbox
- How to set up Intruder Alert on Alexa [Detailed Guide]