Do you want to cast Meta Quest 2, formerly known as Oculus Quest 2, on your Smart TV? Here’s a comprehensive guide to casting Oculus Quest 2 to Smart TV.
Virtual Reality gaming is a great way to experience the interservice gaming world. There are a lot of games that are enjoyable and they truly reveal the potential of virtual reality. There are a number of VR headsets out there. The more noted one is the VR headset from Meta called Meta Quest 2. And the best part about the VR headset is, it allows casting to big screens including PC and Smart TVs.
When it comes to VR gaming, only the person who is wearing the headset will be able to see the screen. However, if you want to share your game screen with your friends on the TV, there is a way to get that done. In today’s guide, we look at how you can cast your Meta Quest 2 to your Smart TV wirelessly.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Smart TV – Method 1
Casting your Oculus Quest 2 to the smart TV is a fairly simple and easy process. It is best done using the wireless method. This helps to reduce the need for requiring unnecessary cables and connections between your TV and your headset. So, if you are looking for the steps to cast your Quest 2 VR headset to your TV this is the guide for you.
Note: You can use any smart TV that has Google Chromecast built into it. TVs that run on Android OS, Tizen OS, RokuOS, FireTV OS, and even other operating systems like LG’s WebOS have support for Google Chromecast.
There are two methods you can follow to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to Smart TV. One lets you mirror the screen from your smartphone, whereas, the other lets you cast directly through the TV.
- Power up your Quest 2 headset as well as your Smart TV.
- Make sure to connect your Meta Quest 2 and your Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Now, press the Oculus button present on the right-hand controller.
- Select the Share icon from the bottom portion of the screen.
- When the camera window opens up, select the Cast option.
- You will now be able to search for wireless displays that are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you find your smart TV from the list, select it.
- A message should pop up on your Quest 2 that you are now casting to your TV.
How to Stop Casting on Meta Quest 2
So how was your gaming session? I hope it was amazing, Now if you want to stop casting you can do it quickly. To stop casting, press the Share menu on your Quest 2 and select the Cast option. The Quest 2 will now stop casting to your Smart TV.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Smart TV – Method 2 (using Smartphone)
- Ensure that your headset and Smart TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Also, ensure that your mobile device that has the Oculus app installed.
- Now, sign in to the Oculus app with the same account used to set up your Meta Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- On your Android device, you should be seeing the Cast button at the top of the app. Tap on it to search for your Smart TV.
- Once you spot your Smart TV, connect to it. You will now be casting the video output from your Oculus Quest 2 to your Smart TV.
- And if you are using an iOS device, you need to make sure that your Smart TV supports Apple AirPlay 2 (Check the list below).
- On your iOS Meta Quest app, tap on the Cast button, and you should be able to cast to your Smart TV from your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Smart TV through PC – Method 3
Now, if you’re someone that does not have a Smart TV or a TV that is not able to connect wirelessly to the internet and has no Miracast or Chromecast option, you can still cast your headset to such TVs. But this will require performing additional steps.
- Windows PC With Chromium Based Web browser
- Quest 2 Headset
- HDMI Cable
- WiFi network
Here are the Steps:
- First off, power up your Quest 2 headset and open up the Universal menu on it.
- Now, select the casting icon and choose the Cast option.
- A message box will appear. You have to choose the computer option.
- Now, on your PC, open up Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave Browser, or any other browser that is based on Chromium.
- In the address bar, visit the following link oculus.com/casting.
- Once the web page loads, sign in to your Meta account. The Quest 2 will now be cast to your PC right away wirelessly.
- In order to have the video output to your basic TV, connect an HDMI cable to your PC and the other end to your TV.
- Press the Windows and P keys and choose the duplicate option.
- Your Quest 2 headset will now be displayed on your TV screen via your PC or laptop.
Granted this is a cumbersome method, but this is the best way if you plan to use a TV that has no smart options such as Wifi or Casting options.
This concludes the guide on how you can cast your Quest 2 VR headset to your smart TV easily. Wirelessly casting your headset to the TV is a better option provided you have a good and stable internet connection. When you cast to your TV, your friends will now be able to see what you are seeing in the game. This can also be used when you plan to live stream from your headset either to YouTube or Twitch.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.